Custodial workers may be assigned in one or more of the following areas and are expected to perform various combinations of these responsibilities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare chemicals for use in the performance of various cleaning tasks, in accordance with instructions.
2. Care for equipment within their responsibility, including the performance of routine maintenance, and cleaning.
3. Perform cleaning duties as instructed and assigned, including but not limited to:
a. Restroom cleaning, replenishing paper products and soap in restrooms.
b. Office cleaning, empty trash receptacles, dust surfaces, damp wipe surfaces, vacuum, sweep.
c. Floor cleaning, sweep, dust mop, damp mop, strip and refinish.
4. Performance of cleaning duties may take place in an indoor/outdoor environment, depending on customer's needs.
Knowledge and Skills:
1. Ability to read and comprehend instructions and to accurately use cleaning chemicals.
2. Knowledge to use personal protective equipment.
3. Ability to write or print legibly to maintain time keeping records.
4. Ability to perform independently on the basis of current procedures.
1. Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
2. To read and follow oral and written instructions.
3. Push heavy cleaning equipment such as cleaning station supplies, vacuum cleaners, floor stripping equipment, trash cans, water buckets, etc.
4. Must be able to communicate any problems to immediate supervisor.
Experience and Knowledge:
1. Three months cleaning experience.
2. High School diploma or GED.
3. Other combinations of experience and education which meet the minimum requirements may be substituted.
Goodwill Industries of Southwest Florida, Inc. - 18 months ago