Schedules, performs and supervises custodial tasks that provide school personnel, students,
and the public with an environmentally safe, attractive, comfortable, clean and efficient place in
which to work and conduct school activities. Essential duties & responsibilities:
- Maintains campus buildings, facilities, grounds and equipment by ensuring regular cleaning and maintenance.
- May supervise others in performing routine custodial and maintenance tasks.
- Schedules and coordinates minor repairs; may oversee minor construction projects.
- Removes or supervises removal and disposition of trash and waste.
- Performs custodial tasks such as emptying and cleaning waste receptacles, washing windows, dusting furniture, cleaning vents, fans, walls and floors, changing light bulbs and fixing broken doors and locks.
- Regularly performs deep cleaning and maintenance tasks such a stripping and waxing floors and other major projects.
- Performs preventive maintenance and minor repairs on HVAC equipment.
- Notifies school administration of any needed major repairs or equipment failure.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of storage, supply and maintenance areas; maintains a record of inventory and orders supplies as needed.
- Responds to emergency situations in order to confine, resolve or prevent injurious or otherwise hazardous conditions.
- Other duties may be assigned as business necessitates.
Uplift Education - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard