The Custodian 2 position is a full time, classified position at Seattle Central Community College (SCCC). The position performs various housekeeping, custodial, and maintenance related tasks to ensure proper cleanliness of assigned area of facilities .The Custodian 2 position also works in other areas as necessary to cover for other individuals and/or collaborate with other Custodians on larger scale projects.
The Custodian 2 position will work an evening shift, Monday - Friday (3:30pm - 12:00am).
Seattle Community Colleges are committed to recruiting dedicated faculty and staff who together create a welcoming academic climate that reflects the diverse backgrounds of our community, including ethnicity, national origin, religion, race, gender, gender identity, age, status as a veteran or disabled veteran, disability, political status, and sexual orientation.
Given the financial challenges the State of Washington has been facing, employees currently in, or hired into, classified positions making $2500/month or more, represented by the Washington Federation of State Employees (WFSE) will take a one year 3% cut in salary effective July 1, 2012 through June 29, 2013.
- Clean various public areas on the Seattle Central Community College Campus.
- Cleans and disinfects showers, restrooms, sinks, toilets.
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs and waxes hard floors.
- Empties trash, and recycling containers.
- Performs minor maintenance functions.
- Set ups for events and furniture moving.
- Cleans carpets with shampooer and extractor.
- Removes graffiti.
- Shovels snow and ice from walkways, steps and entryways.
- Moves furniture, equipment and supplies as required.
- If assigned to classroom areas, clean chalk trays, blackboards and whiteboards.
- Cleans elevators and elevator tracks.
- Assist cleaning other areas and performs any custodial related work as assigned by lead, supervisor and manager.
Required Education, Experience & Abilities:
- The physical ability to do required work AND the ability to speak, read and write in English.
- Six (6) months to one (1) year experience in custodial, general or building maintenance.
- Ability to work well with staff, faculty and students and to work well as a team member on large scale projects.
- Experience with floor and carpet care.
- GED/High School diploma or Trade School Certificate.
Seattle Community Colleges - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard