This is routine manual work in the performance of a variety of cleaning and related duties performed in and around university buildings. Supervision is received from a superior who checks work for adherence to established practices and schedules.
Southern Polytechnic State University, a member of the University System of Georgia, is a residential university with approximately 5,800 students pursuing bachelors and masters degrees in many of the nation’s fastest growing technology fields. The university, located one mile west of 1-75’s Exit 263, is just 20 minutes northwest of downtown Atlanta. Southern Polytechnic is an EOE / ADA /AA Employer University System of Georgia.
1. Sweeps, mops, scrubs, buffs and waxes floors; dusts and cleans chalk boards and offices; washes windows, walls, trash cans, glass doors and classroom equipment; frequently works from a ladder.
2. Cleans restrooms and replenishes supplies; cleans drinking fountains.
3. Collects and moves bulk quantities of trash and debris.
4. Moves large trash containers in and out of university buildings.
5. Delivers, receives and transports miscellaneous supplies and goods to various buildings on campus.
6. Operates various types of cleaning machinery.
7. Moves office and dormitory furniture and equipment.
8. Reports damaged structures and equipment.
9. Occasional mandatory overtime.
10. Performs related and other duties as required.
11. Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
Desirable Knowledge Skills and Abilities
High school graduate or equivalent preferred; custodial experience is required; A valid Georgia drivers license PREFERRED .
Please note: some Saturdays will be required to work.
Special Instructions to Applicants
In addition to the included documents which must be uploaded, please note the following additional information:
A minimum of three professional references are ALSO required.
Southern Polytechnic State University - 20 months ago