Kern Community College District
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform routine day or evening custodial activities at an assigned school campus or other assigned District facility; maintain buildings and adjacent grounds areas in a clean, orderly and secure condition.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Vacation, sick leave, holidays, income protection and retirement included.
Knowledge and Abilities
- Proper methods, techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in modern custodial work.
- Modern cleaning methods including basic methods of cleaning floors, blackboards, carpets, furniture, walls and fixtures.
- Proper methods of storing equipment, materials and supplies.
- Requirements of maintaining District buildings in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
- Proper lifting techniques.
- Perform routine custodial activities at an assigned school site or other District facility.
- Maintain District buildings and adjacent grounds in a clean, orderly and secure condition.
- Use cleaning materials and equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Operate a variety of custodial equipment, such as vacuums, mops, small hand and power tools, buffer/scrubber.
- Maintain tools and equipment in clean working order.
- Move and arrange furniture and equipment for meetings and special events.
- Observe and report safety hazards and need for maintenance and repair.
- Perform minor non-technical repairs.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Meet the essential physical function of this job which is the ability to lift at least 75 pounds.
- Successful completion of a fitness for duty physical including drug screen.
Environment – Indoor and outdoor work environment. Regular exposure to fumes, dust and odors.
Physical demands – Incorporated within one or more of the previously mentioned essential functions of this job description are essential physical requirements.
Hazards – Exposure to cleaning agents and chemicals. Working on ladders.
Education and Experience
Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance. Any combination equivalent to: at least six months related experience.
Position Number: 00672
Posting Date: 12/12/2012
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Classified
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $2,050.83 per month
Maximum Salary: $2,483.26 per month
College/Site: Porterville College
Location: PC-Main Campus
Salary Grade: 31.5
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled, but those received by Thursday, January 3, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
To apply, visit http://careers.kccd.edu/postings/3284
- 2 years ago - save job