Pay Grade: $14.01 per hour, FLSA non-exempt, Non-Union represented.
Schedule: Substitutes are used to fill in on a limited basis when regular employees are not available for work and may occasionally be brought in for special projects. Substitute positions have no guaranteed hours and are limited to working a maximum of sixty-five (65) hours total per month (no more than 40 hours in one week).
Application Requirements: In addition to completing the application , please also include a resume. Apply through this site no later than 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, September 4, 2013.
Performs a variety of routine custodial functions for the Pierce County Library System; cleans and maintains assigned buildings, facilities, and/or office areas; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Reports to the Custodial Supervisor; no supervisory responsibility is exercised.
Class specifications are intended to provide a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees in the class. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
- Delivers high-quality, customer-focused services.
- Disinfects, cleans, and maintains restroom facilities including toilets, urinals, sanitary containers, sinks, doors, mirrors, and fixtures; restocks paper products.
- Cleans library, offices, work areas, meeting rooms, study rooms, coffee bars, and/or the staff lunch room.
- Sanitizes drinking fountains, kitchen sinks, counter tops, microwaves, table tops, and desks.
- Vacuums, sweeps, mops, and cleans hard surface floors; spot cleans carpets.
- Dusts fixtures, furniture, and other hard surface areas.
- Cleans internal and external building windows.
- Empties trash cans and recycling bins; disposes of trash in outside holding bins.
- May set-up and take down meeting rooms.
- May assist with routine building maintenance tasks including changing light bulbs, cleaning exterior building areas, and monitoring parking lots.
- Demonstrates punctuality.
- Brings matters of public concern regarding waste, inefficiency, corruption, discrimination, and safety to the attention of Library Management.
- Accurately communicates the Library’s policies to members of the public in all job-related contacts.
- Positively reflects Pierce County Library’s mission, vision, and values to members of the public and to staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Required Knowledge of:
- Custodial functions and custodial principles.
- Regulations and standards governing custodial activities.
- Custodial equipment and cleaning chemicals.
- Occupational hazards and safety practices relative to custodial work.
- Customer service standards and protocols.
Required Skill in:
- Performing a variety of routine custodial functions.
- Ensuring Library’s facilities are appropriately cleaned and maintained.
- Safely operating custodial equipment and handling cleaning chemicals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, and
- Six months custodial experience; or
- Any combination of education and experience which would provide the required knowledge and skills and allows successful performance of the job.
Licenses, Certifications, and Special Requirements:
- A valid Washington State Driver’s License is required.
- Must pass local police and Washington State Adult/Child Abuse records check prior to hire.
- Must be available to work on and an “on-call” basis and be able to work a variety of schedules on short notice including evenings and weekends.
Working Environment and Physical Requirements:
- Work is performed in and around the Library facilities and involves exposure to cleaning chemicals, hazardous materials, bodily fluids, and infectious diseases.
- Subject to standing and walking for extended periods of time, bending, reaching, crouching, climbing ladders, and lifting of objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Employee Assistant Program
Internet access to services of Pierce County Library System, in Pierce County, WA. Access library services, our library catalog and news...