Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Department: BusSvc: Fac/Custodial-Repair
Pay Type: Hourly
Months Per Year: 12
Hours Per Week: 40
Salary Plan: CLS
Min Rate: $ 11.41
Max Rate: $ 16.91
Salary Range Information
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. For further advancement on our classified salary schedule you can do the following:
Work Experience Credit for Placement on Salary Schedule:
Classified employees will be granted one (1) step up to the maximum of five (5) steps for previous work experience(s) in a like position(s), which includes in-district and out-of-district work experience. Work experience credit is based on hours as posted in the Classified Master agreement. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
If the above is done within first (90) calendar days of employment, their salary shall be retroactive to the employees’ current/new position start date.
For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Classified Master agreement that can be found on our district website.
Department Marketing Statement
Must be able to work various shifts
SUMMARY: Responsible for the cleanliness, sanitation, security and basic maintenance of the assigned school area, building, grounds and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 18 years of age.
• No experience required; experience in general cleaning, chemical handling and customer service preferred.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer, physical examination.
• BOCES (safety) and AHERA (asbestos) training required within 3 months after entering position.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Basic problem solving skills.
• Ability to acquire skills necessary to operate various types of cleaning equipment.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to changes without notice.
• Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies and building and department procedures.
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people, including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
• Operating knowledge of basic custodial equipment preferred at hire; required within 3 months after entering position.
• Required to carry and respond to pager during assigned shift.
• May assist the supervisor with interviewing Custodians, Student Sweepers and Community Service.
• Responsible for addressing the individuals’ complaints and resolving their problems.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
• This job has no budgetary responsibilities.
How To Apply
All positions are "Open - Until Filled" unless a specific closing date is listed.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should apply online. When filling out your online application, please include any and all work experience including district experience, please include Job Title and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach a resume please take the time to fill out the online application as well. It is important to have a completed application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for. For directions on completing the online application, please visit the Adams 12 Application Instruction link on the Human Resources website.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools
1500 East 128th Avenue
Thornton, CO 80241
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools - 22 months ago