Cleans and services hospital and administrative building areas, moves furniture, equipment and supplies in and around hospital and administrative sections and departments. Performs a variety of housekeeping duties, to maintain the hospital and administrative offices in a neat, orderly and sanitary condition at all times.
Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
Must be able to operate all machines necessary, i.e., shampooer, buffer, mop, vacuum, broom, etc.
Must have an alertness to detect cleaning needs throughout areas.
Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds and possess a willingness to accept changes and to learn new methods and procedures.
Must be willing to work evening shift.
Must possess the following trains: Good attendance, initiative, dependability, neatness, courtesy and cooperation.
- Cleans, waxes and polishes floors in hospital rooms, wards, corridors treatment rooms, nurses station, offices utility rooms, clinic and other areas.
- Washes woodwork, walls and windows, cleans bathroom including floors, walls, equipment and fixtures. Washes venetian blinds and light fixtures.
- Follows aseptic and isolation cleaning techniques by wearing mask and gown and using appropriate antiseptic detergents according to established procedures.
- Collects and disposes of trash and waste from isolated wards, hospital rooms, offices, etc. Collects contaminated soiled towels, bed linen and wearing apparel.
- After patients are discharged and/or transferred from isolation cleans entire room and bathroom by washing walls, windows, blinds, bathroom fixtures, bed, scrubs floors, etc.
- Follows strict isolation and aseptic cleaning techniques in preparing area before next admission.
- Prepares guest rooms for occupancy by sweeping room and dusting furniture, window sills, etc. Makes bed and leaves supply of towels, washcloths, soap and coat hangers.
The Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation was formed by Bristol Bay tribes in 1973, which have grown to include 34 village tribes. It began...