Performs a variety of routine custodial duties normally performed at a large public facility including trash removal; cleaning of public areas such as hallways, offices, meeting rooms and restrooms; set up and removal of tables and chairs for special events; trash removal and general grounds keeping.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Keeping the internal and external appearance of the library clean and presentable to the public; including floor and rug care such as mopping, waxing, buffing, vacuuming and shampooing rugs;
- Cleaning light fixtures, baseboard, windows, door frames and dust surfaces; gathering and removing trash;
- Sanitizing sinks and toilets in restrooms;
- Assisting in the performance of cutting grass and shrubbery, removing exterior debris, mulching, weeding, cleaning sidewalks and removing snow.
Work Hours: Must be flexible to work days, evenings and weekends as assigned.
- Able to do significant lifting, standing, climbing ladders, walking, pushing and pulling;
- Capable of using of cleaning solutions and powered equipment safely;
- High School Diploma or GED preferred;
- Valid Driver’s license also preferred.
Salary: $10.20 per hour
How to Apply: Interested candidates should apply online by May 3rd.
Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh - 20 months ago