Performs a variety of semi-skilled tasks related to routine cleaning and facilities preparation.
Examples of Duties:
· Sweeps, vacuums, mops, dusts, remove waste
· Cleans and sanitizes restrooms and replenished supplies; clean drinking fountains, mirrors, tables, walls
· Clean windows, fixtures, blinds, light fixtures, etc. at all locations
· Carries and moves janitorial supplies from building to building
· Maintains a supply inventory and recommends custodial purchases to the Custodian Supervisor
· Change out light bulbs, stipping and waxing floors, minor carpentry and grounds keeping duties
· Performs complete cleaning of the City buildings
Experience and Training:
High school diploma or equivalent is required; and,
6 month custodial experience is required
This position requires you to be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Experience and Training
Working knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in building maintenance; working knowledge of equipment and supplies used to do minor repairs; Floor scrubbers, steam cleaners, carpet cleaners, pressure washers, vacuum cleaners, mops, broom, dusting equipment, window cleaning equipment. Also, appropriate safety equipment as required.
Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment;
Ability to work independently and to complete daily activities according to work schedule; must be able to lift heavy objects up to 40 pounds, walk and stand for long periods of time; ability to communicate orally and in writing; ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely; ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions; ability to establish effective working relationships.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Certificates and Licenses Required:
Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License by date of hire.
The Police Department will do an intensive back ground check. Custodian will have access to the Police Facility and they are required to go through the more detailed background check.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
City of Round Rock, TX - 22 months ago