Under general supervision, perform a wide variety of
custodial and maintenance duties in
order to provide a clean, orderly and safe environment.
The functions listed describe the business purpose of
this job. Specific duties or tasks
may vary and be documented separately. The employee
might not be required to
perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be
assigned, and functions may be
modified, according to business necessity.
supplies. Use only as directed.
- Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and
- Safely operate all job-related equipment.
- Empty and clean waste baskets and trash containers.
- Remove trash in accordance with established
practices and procedures.
- Sweep and mop floors.
- Clean and sanitize restrooms using established
requests for supplies.
- Refill restroom dispensers.
- Clean glass windows and doors.
- Dust surfaces as required.
- Respond to emergency calls for custodial assistance.
- Maintain cleaning supplies inventory and submit
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS (includes education)
likely provide the required
- Any combination of education and experience that would
knowledge and abilities is qualifying.
- One year of custodial experience and/or building
preserving a variety of surfaces.
- High school graduate preferred.
- Knowledge of methods of maintaining, cleaning and
state and federal regulations.
- Proper use of a wide range of chemicals according to
blood borne pathogens with
- Handling and disposing of hazardous materials and
- Possess essential physical and mental capabilities in
o Interpersonal skills
o Attention to detail
o Following directions
o Reading, writing and speaking English preferred
o Organizing and innovation
WORKING CONDITIONS (physical/mental demands)
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the
physical and mental capacity to
perform effectively all essential functions. In addition
to other demands, the demands of
the job include:
executives, clients, staff and
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities,
the public, occasionally under conditions of urgency and
in pressure situations.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks
containing cleaning materials, dust
- Must be able to work safely in an environment
stooping, kneeling, crouching
- Regular talking and hearing.
- Frequent walking, reaching with hands and arms,
occasionally up to 50
- Frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and
- Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust
- Cleaning Solutions
Floor and Decor - 17 months ago
Floor & Decor provides more choices than the big-box, retail mega-stores. And we offer it for less than what you would find at a...