The State of Idaho is currently recruiting Custodians.
Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible.
Hiring lists from this announcement will be sent to agencies when vacancies occur.
This announcement will be used to fill all types of Custodian openings. Many positions require shift work. If you are willing to work shift work, please mark "shift" under job type/shift in your application (this is explained under "TO APPLY" below).
Some positions may also require applicants to pass a background investigation. Positions with Department of Health and Welfare (State Hospital North, State Hospital South, Idaho State School and Hospital) all require background investigations.
This recruitment will be used for all openings. Openings occur in the following agencies and cities:
Job Duties (job duties will vary depending on what facility and agency you work for):
- Boise State University in Boise (entry salary at BSU is $9.00 per hour)
- Department of Health & Welfare
- Southwest Idaho Treatment Center in Nampa
- State Hospital North in Orofino
- State Hospital South in Blackfoot
- Eastern Idaho Technical College in Idaho Falls
- Idaho State University in Pocatello (entry salary at ISU is $9.18 per hour; if interested in a position at ISU, be sure and mark all shifts that you are willing to work under job/type shift)
- Public Health District 4 in Boise
- Public Health District 6 in Pocatello
- Lewis-Clark State College in Lewiston
- Lava Hot Springs in Lava Hot Springs
Cleaning/maintenance typical duties:
Equipment operation/security typical duties:
- Performs heavy-duty cleaning in hospitals, locker rooms, classrooms, dormitories, and lavatories
- Cleans, sanitizes, and polishes bath, lavatory, shower, and sink fixtures
- Dusts, washes, sponge mops; sanitizes, and shampoos furniture, woodwork, walls, windows, and glass items
- Cleans shades and covers on light fixtures; replaces light bulbs; removes waste and debris from areas
- Selects products and compounds for cleaning jobs; measures and mixes compounds, disinfectants, and sanitizing agents and applies according to procedures or manufacturers' specifications
- Orders supplies for custodial closets and stocks with paper products, cleaning compounds and similar items
- Operates heavy-duty scrubbing, buffing, shampooing, vacuuming, and wet/dry pickup equipment
- Performs preventive maintenance on cleaning equipment
- Finishes floors using sanders, strippers, and final finishers
- Uses snow blowers, hysters, airlift platforms, dollies, and carts
- Replaces belts, brushes, and bearings in power equipment
- Insures that floor and building area is secure
This work is heavy-duty commercial cleaning, not household type work. Most of your time will be spent in high-traffic areas that require heavy cleaning and related maintenance. This may include working in hazardous and/or unpleasant conditions.
- Perform duties associated with commercial cleaning, including operating industrial-type cleaning equipment such as high-speed buffers and vacuum cleaners
- Cleaning restrooms, bath facilities, locker rooms, swimming pools, and similar facilities; moving heavy items such as tables, chairs, and bleachers
- Repairing the equipment and related devices you operate
Checklist. You will receive a score based on your answers. You must receive a minimum rating of 70 to pass this examination. Exam results are available immediately online when you complete and submit your exam.
To preview the exam, click on the " Preview Exam " link at the bottom of the page (you will not be able to take the exam from this screen). If you wish to take the exam, click on any Apply Online button and follow the instructions provided.
It's Easy to Apply!!
Idaho Division of Human Resources - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard