Monday – Friday (afternoon/evening position)
Daily, weekly, and semi-annual cleaning of Kenaitze Indian Tribal buildings. Some general labor and maintenance work is required.
- Empty all trash cans and replace liners.
- Clean all bathroom sinks, toilets and mirrors.
- Replenish paper products, refill soap dispensers in bathrooms.
- Replenish extra supplies under sinks.
- Clean tables in break rooms.
- Clean sinks in break rooms and coffee stations with disinfectant.
- Ensure doors and windows are locked when finished; security of the buildings is a priority.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vacuum and mop all floors.
- Spot clean carpets if needed.
- Thoroughly clean bathrooms.
- Wipe window sills and woodwork.
- Scrub out trash cans.
- Clean microwave in break rooms.
- Wash windows, screens and casings as requested by supervisor.
- Clean grounds, sidewalks, etc. in fall and spring.
Medium work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Stand or Sit (Stationary position)
Walk (Move, Traverse)
Use hands/fingers to handle or feel (Operate, Activate, Use, Prepare, Inspect, Place, Detect, Position)
Climb (stairs/ladders) or balance (Ascend/Descend, Work atop, Traverse)
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl (Position self (to), Move)
See (Detect, Determine, Perceive, Identify, Recognize, Judge, Observe, Inspect, Estimate, Assess)
Pushing or Pulling
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions
- Exposure to Fumes
- Exposure to Dust
- Mists of gases
- Electrical Hazards
Category II – Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue, but exposure or potential for exposure may occur
Equipment and Tools
List Equipment used for job: mop, vacuum, mop bucket
List Tools: hand tools,
Drives KIT or Personal Vehicle:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Custodian & general labor experience preferred but not required.
- Employee must be physically fit and able to lift 20 - 30 lbs. Regular walking, standing, bending, stooping, and kneeling are required.
This Job Description reflects Kenaitze Indian Tribe's best effort to describe the essential functions and qualifications of the job described. It is not an exhaustive statement of all the duties, responsibilities or qualifications of the job. This document is not intended to exclude an opportunity for modifications consistent with providing reasonable accommodation. This is not intended to be a contract.