The Building Services Section provides custodial services, maintenance and building operations as well as building security. Building Services is committed to providing high quality customer service to effectively and efficiently support and maintain King County buildings. This position is responsible for maintaining the internal and external cleanliness and appearance of King County buildings.
Who may apply: This position is open to all qualified applicants. The purpose of this recruitment is to fill full time career service vacancies and create a list of competitive candidates to fill full time and temporary positions in the Building Services Section that may occur throughout the year.
Work location : Any of our building grouping locations: Courthouse Complex, King County Correctional Facility (KCCF), Maleng Regional Justice Center (MRJC), or Outlying Facilities.
Work shift: These positions are overtime eligible. Full-time positions work a 40-hour week. Work shifts and hours may vary due to maintenance and project requirements.
Union membership: These positions are represented by the Service Employees International Union, Local 925.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment please call Lani Rosete, Interim HR Associate at (206) 296-0528 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Sweep and wet-mop floors.
- Vacuum and extract dirt from carpets.
- Dust and polish furniture.
- Collect and empty wastebaskets and outdoor trash cans and ash trays.
- Clean mirrors, venetian blinds, light fixtures, windows, doors, walls, and drinking fountains.
- Clean restrooms including toilets, sinks and shower stalls, and replenish towels, tissues and soap.
- Sweep sidewalks.
- Assist in keeping outside premises in an orderly condition.
- Move supplies.
- Unload and unpack shipments, and place stock on shelves.
- Other as assigned.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
- One (1) year of demonstrated building maintenance experience and/or training which gives evidence of the ability to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Experience and a demonstrated knowledge of basic janitorial cleaning techniques, and the use and care of cleaning equipment.
- Knowledge of basic cleaning chemicals and safety rules.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to lift, carry, move or handle up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
- Ability to maintain predictable and reliable attendance.
Candidates must possess a valid Washington State Driver's License prior to appointment or the ability to travel throughout King County in a timely manner. Final appointment is contingent upon successfully passing a pre-employment physical examination and a finger-print based criminal history check, and a thorough Department of Adult and Juvenile Detention background investigation .
Selection process: Applications will be screened for clarity, completeness and minimum qualifications. Applications will then be reviewed for competitive quality. The most competitive candidates may be invited to a panel interview and a written and practical exercise. Finalists may interview with the supervisor. Reference checks will be conducted prior to any offer of employment.
King County provides regional services to over 1.9 million residents including more than 340,000 people living in unincorporated areas....