A cover letter detailing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position is required. You can upload a cover letter when you create an applicant profile.
To perform all custodial duties in various areas on campus and to maintain a high standard of cleanliness, attractiveness, health, and safety.
Benefits: Approximately 85% of health insurance premiums paid by the College, 12 vacation days fronted, 12 sick days, 2 personal days and 15 paid holidays annually. Typically 5-7 paid holidays from Christmas to New Year's Day. For full listing of benefits, visit http://lccc.wy.edu/about/humanresources/benefits .
Work Schedule: Saturday-Wednesday. Monday, Tueday and Wednesday 5:00pm-1:30am. Saturday and Sunday 3:00pm-11:30pm. Middle of May-Middle of August 3:00pm-11:30pm for all shifts.
Compensation: $10.45/hr. May be higher depending on experience.
Priority Screening Date: Position is open until filled. For full consideration, apply by April 2, 2013.
Starting Date: As soon after hiring process as practical.
For information about Cheyenne, visit http://www.lccc.cc.wy.us/about/welcome
- Cleans building entrances including sidewalks, ash trays, mats, carpet, glass, metal surfaces, corners, and floors.
- Cleans office areas including, furniture, phones, lamps, walls, doors, door hardware, wastebaskets, floors, and baseboards.
- Cleans corridors and lobbies including sweeping, vacuuming floors, baseboards, spot cleaning carpets, drinking fountains, furniture, drapes, and blinds.
- Cleans stairways and ramps including rails, walls, steps, and landings.
- Cleans classrooms and laboratories including chalkboards and trays, furniture, equipment, walls, doors, floors, and wastebaskets.
- Cleans all windows including glass, sills, frames, and blinds.
- Cleans rest rooms including hardware, fixtures, floors, mirrors, walls, doors, and partitions as well as services paper and soap dispensers.
- Cleans custodial closets and organizes supplies and equipment. Orders supplies as needed.
- Cleans all other incidental items or areas such as air vents, storage areas, desks and table tops, dust areas on a regular basis or as needed. Spot clean carpet as needed.
- Completes assigned detail cleaning during student breaks.
- Notifies supervisor of problems with mechanical systems, lighting and power, damaged or missing property, equipment, and supplies.
- Must have valid driver’s licenses and be able to meet the college insurance carrier’s insurance requirements.
- High-school diploma or an equivalent of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities have been acquired.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, genetic information, political affiliation or disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its educational programs or activities.
Laramie County Community College - 11 months ago