The Custom Clubmaking Specialist is responsible for promoting and maximizing the "Customer First" store culture. The Custom Clubmaking Specialist performs all club performance modifications according to Customer's needs and providing the Customers a superior clubfitting experience by providing product and service recommendations to Customers, constructing or modifying clubs as needed, and conducting clubmaking workshops for Customers. The Custom Clubmaking Specialist will manage inventory through accurately recording shop consumption, usage and waste.
- Conduct positive and exceptional clubfitting processes and solutions to meet each and every Customer's needs.
- Operate general phone systems and basic computer applications.
- Flex into sales areas and utilize the "Facilitating the Sale" process.
- Share knowledge with others effectively (i.e., Clubmaking clinics).
- Communicate effectively and prioritize tasks appropriately, promoting the Customer experience.
- Operate shop equipment safely.
- Show accuracy in completing all order forms and repair tags.
- Thorough knowledge of Golfsmith Clubmaking and repair techniques, product features and their benefits.
- Recognize ways to improve processes.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain a positive, guest-centric attitude by listening, understanding and responding to guest needs while being committed to the Customer First philosophy.
- Prior working knowledge of Custom Fitting and Clubmaking Principles is a must!
- Work with and be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, fumes and airborne particles; operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all associates and Customers.
- Thorough knowledge of processing information and merchandise via a computer and POS register system; operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Have a working knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, inventory, Internet and order processing systems.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret business reports, correspondence and procedures effectively while also accurately presenting information and responding to questions; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions and percentages.
- Freely access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock area and register area by standing, walking, stooping, crawling, climbing, crouching and kneeling and lifting and/or moving up to 50 (fifty) to 100 (one hundred) pounds at any given time.
- Work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- 3-6 months of related experience
Golfsmith International Inc. - 2 years ago