TechTarget is seeking a Custom Content Director responsible for leading the strategy and production of sponsored content, including white papers, Webcasts, videos, face-to-face events and Web site/mobile content. As a key leader in TechTarget's fast-growing Custom Media Division, this individual will work closely with advertiser clients to design content strategies to support their marketing efforts; collaborate with internal editors and topic experts; and oversee a team of individuals responsible for the creation, design and production of that content. The Director will report to the Publisher of the Custom Media Group.
Essential Job Functions:
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Collaborate with clients to identify challenges and opportunities, develop go-to-market strategy and recommend the appropriate content: topics, angles and formats;
- Work closely with internal editors and freelance writers, designers and video production to define, articulate and execute on topic themes and approaches for multiple online and event media;
- Oversee assignments and negotiate fees and contacts with freelance experts, writers and speakers;
- Participate in internal and external content calls with clients;
- Review outlines, drafts, presentation slides and ensure quality and SEO value;
- Create copy for custom banner advertising, promotions, Website marketing;
- Collaborate effectively with internal campaign support teams: project managers, campaign managers, sales and product marketing/management;
- Help respond to RFPs—aid sales in developing proposals, generating sample titles and abstracts for proposed content.; and,
- Be prepared to travel
Submit your application
- Bachelor's degree or appropriate combination of education and experience;
- Knowledge of IT and IT media space;
- 8-10 years of experience in senior editorial positions, preferably for online B2B publisher(s)
- Ability to make sales calls and add value to sales team with customers;
- Comfortable with public speaking and presentation to small and large groups; prior experience leading panels, videos, webcasts and face to face event sessions; and,
- Comfortable managing a high volume of projects on tight deadlines simultaneously, ensuring high quality and on-schedule completion.
TechTarget - 2 years ago
TechTarget is the online intersection of serious technology buyers, targeted technical content and technology providers worldwide. Our...