This position operates a variety of slitting machines, including single/dual tooling die cutting slitters, to slit a variety of standard and custom supply products. Responsibilities include interpretation of order specifications, and perform proficient and quality set-ups individually or as a member of a Set-up Team. Perform slitting operations including required adjustments, troubleshooting and corrective action, accessory installation, operator maintenance and silicon lubrication of slitting knives. It is critical to follow safety requirements and perform all related housekeeping functions for assigned area. Provides assistance and support to other team members.
1. Interprets order specifications/special instructions and ensures all production materials are at machines prior to set-up. Ensures adequate station supplies and materials for continuous operations including next shift i.e. ordering of cores, cases, and cassettes.
2. With high proficiency performs slitter set-up individually or as a member of a Set-up Team. Makes required adjustments to ensure correctness of set-up, adjusts knives ensuring adherence to specs and sets roll counter. Approves own set-up for a quality production run.
3. Installs unwind shaft in supply roll or mounts supply roll on fixed air shaft, threads through machine, affixes to core with tape on cored supplies. On Die cutting Slitters, removes waste roll from matrix rewind, replaces core and connects rewind matrix making appropriate tension adjustments as required.
4. Applies knowledge and skills in performing accessory installation, operator maintenance, silicon lubrication of slitting knives and spacers, general maintenance, troubleshooting and corrective action. As required may build knives.
5. As required reworks partial or spliced rolls on rewind equipment. Hand loosens tight rolls.
6. As required, produces case labels using appropriate labeling device and packs product per specifications. Places packed cartons on skid, moves full train cart to staging area and retrieves train carts/skids from distribution.
7. Records and reports all finished production. Completes and processes all related documentation via PC or hand written.
8. As a member of a production support team; trains, assists and supports other team members in problem solving and meeting department goals. Continuously reviews current processes and searches out improvement methods to improve product/process quality, reduce waste, rework, and unnecessary work that adds no value to the work or process.
9. Performs general housekeeping tasks and waste removal within department/group and assists other areas as required.
10. Based on business need, assists/supports in other job function within process or other company processes within scope and ability.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Demonstrated proficiency in performing basic math calculation including decimals and percentages.
3. Must have good vision including color, and eye-hand coordination and dexterity.
4. Demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in the use of overlay gauges, reading shop scale and other measurement tools.
6. Must be able to learn and use PC for reporting production.
7. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
8. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lb. and up to 30 lb. lifting over head. Using lift aids, push, pull and turn 320 lb. and up to 1,584 lb. with a hand truck.
9. Must be able to continuously stand, stoop, bend, push and pull.
Physical Work Location:
170 Monarch Ln., Miamisburg, OH
When applying to this position, please use Internet Explorer.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Avery Dennison Corporation - 20 months ago
Avery Dennison is easy to label: It's a global leader in the making of adhesive labels used on packaging, mailers, and other items....