Zendesk is looking for an experienced account manager to drive expansion business within the existing customer base. This person must demonstrate all the behaviors associated with a high performance sales culture, specifically managing a pipeline of upsell opportunities and delivering results against a quota. This person must be able to proactively identify and prioritize their accounts to focus efforts on those with perceived churn risk, potential growth, strategic value, and renewal timeframe.
- Understand customer requirements, level of adoption
- Identify “at risk” behavior and develop appropriate re-engagement protocol
- Identify up sell or cross sell opportunities within existing accounts
- Pro-active outreach to discuss expansion
- Answer customer's questions and successfully negotiate issues related to expansion & renewals
- Manage customer renewals and retention within your list of accounts
- Manage top accounts within territory: product requests, general check-ins
- Reward continued purchasing and drive increased lifetime value
- Follow up on lost accounts to provide churn analysis
Bachelor's degree and minimum 2 years experience in a sales and/or account management role with demonstrated revenue quota achievement.
2+ years work experience at a technology product or services company that serves the software experience
Prior sales closing experience within a SaaS environment preferred
Well versed in consultative, solutions-based selling.
Demonstrated experience using Salesforce for pipeline management, forecasting and order management
Excellent sales organizational and communication skills and an engaging phone presence
Track record of customer retention and growth in past positions.
A passion for social media or web-based software
An appreciation for easy to use, intuitive software
Zendesk is the leading provider of proven, cloud-based help desk software. For growing organizations, Zendesk is the fastest way to enable great customer service. More than 30,000 Zendesk customers, including Adobe, MSNBC, Sony, OpenTable and Groupon, trust Zendesk with their most valuable asset, their customers. Founded in 2007, Zendesk is funded by Charles River Ventures, Benchmark Capital and Matrix Partners. Learn more at www.zendesk.com
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Zendesk - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard