Serves as the primary internal contact for customers in resolving customer concerns and inquiries. "Ownership" of the customer and their satisfaction is the key responsibility of this position. Communicates verbally and in written form with customers, internal departments, and sales staff to accomplish customer requirements and customer service goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (The following statements describe the general nature of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by management):
- Serves as the primary internal contact for customers and maintains ownership and responsibility for service-related issues with Baker & Taylor systems and services.
- Articulately communicates with customers, sales staff, and internal departments via phone, fax, mail, and the Internet within established time lines.
- Uses initiative and discretion to resolve customer concerns with win-win solutions for the company.
- Researches customer concerns and performs root cause analysis to determine cause and necessary resolution to be implemented. Performs order maintenance and provides customer reports such as backorder status and profile reports within established timelines, using multiple software systems.
- Interacts with service center personnel regarding customer comments and customer service activities to ensure customer requirements are met. Works as a team with outside sales representatives to resolve customer issues and maintain successful business relationships with customers.
- Maintains department and personal Service Level Agreements, goals, and productivity standards.
- Maintains an active and up-to-date knowledge of B&T products, services, and technology (including electronic services) and promotes their effective use to accommodate customer needs and encourage sales.
- Establishes and maintains profiles, supplies current reports, and responds to customer claimed titles.
- Associate s degree and two to three years experience in a publishing, library, book industry, or customer service environment dealing with customers or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SOP, Exeter, fax, copier, keyboard familiarity. Knowledge of PC based systems (MS Word and Excel).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Bridgewater, New Jersey Facility
This employer participates in E-Verify. Baker-Taylor will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are work authorized, Baker-Taylor is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
Baker & Taylor - 11 months ago
If you've strolled through a library recently, you likely saw a lot of Baker & Taylor (B&T) without knowing it. The #1 supplier...