Imagine... working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
At Campbell, we cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Customer Business Manager will lead the development and implementation of the joint business plans at the account (CVS & Rite Aid) level for focusing on total volume, profit and share growth of the Campbell portfolio or assigned categories. Responsible for proactively managing, monitoring, evaluating and updating the overall business plan to meet all volume, profit and share objectives. In addition, incumbent is responsible for implementing Campbell brand strategies and tactics with customers by working closely with key decision makers and utilizing category management initiatives to drive customer decision making.
Lead the joint business planning process with assigned customer(s).
Manage supplier relationships on assigned categories.
Utilize the Campbell sales planning and customer investment system to create optimal customer plans.
Develop and implement trade promotion strategies and tactical plans with the customer.
Proactively monitor and update the customer's overall business plan, including managing trade budgets, spending and volume, to achieve all sales objectives versus plan.
Conduct post event analysis to evaluate promotional volume, consumption, profit and spending results versus plan and leverage findings to maximize future promotional opportunities.
Monitor and manage deduction balances and conduct post audits.
Conduct category business reviews to discuss the state of the business, consumer trends, key business drivers, incremental opportunities, etc.
Leverage Category Management resources appropriately.
Knowledgeable of Campbell brand strategies and tactics and implements by working closely with the customer's key decision makers which include buyers, category managers, and merchandising leaders.
Utilize sound category management practices to proactively link consumer and shopper trends and opportunities.
Lead the customer in the execution of category assessments.
Develop and lead accurate monthly forecasts in order to maximize supply chain efficiencies by tracking shipments, consumption data and inventory changes for the entire team.
Proactively identify potential risks or threats to monthly forecasts.
Sell in new items to the customer and work with key customer personnel to achieve optimal distribution.
Leverage Customer Marketing resources to develop and implement collaborative marketing programs in alignment with brand and customer strategies and track and monitor progress of new item and initiative development.
Identify profitable opportunities to grow incremental volume.
Provide support to the different functions on assigned categories (e.g. new product development, process improvement).
- Responsible for developing assigned accounts.
- Assess customer's competitive position, behaviors and strategies and understand how they align with Campbell strategic goals and determine appropriate investment strategy (use of trade, customer marketing, and integrated marketing equities) that will best support a customer's revenue, profit and share growth.
- Develop productive working relationship with key, mid-level (Buyer/Director level), decision makers within the customer's organizational structure.
- Typically manage between 5 and 7 key customer touch points.
- Manage trade funding in accordance with company standards.
- May be responsible for managing all categories or select categories, depending on the specific customer.
- Requires varying degrees of cross-functional interaction within the customer team (e.g., Finance, Category Management, Customer Marketing, Customer Business Managers, etc.) as well as with World Headquarter personnel (e.g., Integrated Marketing, Customer Development, Brand Management, etc.) based upon the size, complexity and strategic importance of the customer.
- Working knowledge of the Syndicated database.
- Strong understanding of and experience with P&L management.
- Supports customers in multiple markets or national account customers.
Minimum education required: Bachelor's degree
Years of relevant experience: Minimum 3-5 years relevant experience of related sales or CPG industry experience.
Knowledge, skill, and abilities required:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical thinking and analysis capability
- Ability to negotiate
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Category & Brand knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of Supply Chain operations preferred
- P&L management experience preferred
25-50% travel is required
Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated - 2 years ago
In 1937, Margaret Rudkin, an entrepreneurial homemaker, began baking fresh bread for her allergy-afflicted son. She soon started a small...