The American health care industry is undergoing tremendous change. High deductible health plans have been on the rise for years, causing patients to take on more responsibility for an ever-increasing portion of their medical bills. The Affordable Care Act is expected to drive more than 30 million newly insured patients to these types of plans, which will only intensify the situation.
With higher out-of-pocket healthcare expenses come a larger number of people who have trouble paying their medical bills. Unpaid medical bills can lead to financial crisis for patients, and can keep them from getting the care they need, when they need it. For healthcare providers, unpaid medical bills can lead to increased write-offs and a weaker financial footing, threatening their ability to provide quality care to their community.
Headquartered in Lake Oswego, Oregon, just outside Portland, CarePayment offers healthcare finance solutions that improve financial performance for healthcare providers, increase patient satisfaction and loyalty, and are fully compliant with applicable state and federal consumer credit laws. CarePayment partners with healthcare providers to offer co-branded patient-friendly financing programs with the retail-like engagement, service, and technology experience consumers expect.
Founded in 2004, CarePayment is an industry leader now serving more than 190 facilities and clinics and 1.25 million patients with $780 million in life-to-date balances. CarePayment is backed by Aequitas Capital Management, which builds income-producing alternative investment solutions for institutional and high net worth clients. With this foundation, CarePayment has the financial strength to expand its best-in-class solutions to an even wider market. Our mission is to help people access and pay for healthcare and help providers maintain a strong presence in their community.
The Customer Care Assistant is responsible for assisting the Customer Care team with clerical duties. Regular activities include processing all incoming mail for CarePayment, accurately entering payment information in computer system, and performing regular operations audits. The Customer Care Assistant will also assist in the processing of cardholder correspondence and routine filing. This position is full-time, 40 hours per week with occasional overtime.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Mail processing
- Post check payments and process credit card transactions
- Data entry
- Compliance audits
- Assist with special projects related to customer care support or other operations-related activities
- Perform other administrative duties and responsibilities as required by the company
Education: High school diploma required
- Minimum of 1 year administrative or clerical experience is preferred
- Experience in a hospital environment, including knowledge of HIPAA requirements is preferred
- Ability to complete tasks on time and with minimal supervision
- Ability to type with speed and accuracy
- Ability to maintain composure, professionalism and work well with a team
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Flexibility to perform in an ever-changing work environment
- Willingness to work occasional overtime
CarePayment is owned by Aequitas Capital Management, a leading alternative asset management company. Aequitas offers a competitive base salary and benefits package, including company-paid medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan with an employer match.
Aequitas Capital Management, Inc. - 30+ days ago
Established in 1993, Aequitas Capital Management is an alternative investment firm providing private equity and commercial finance products...