This position is responsible for customer calls and walk-throughs, and primarily works in the field.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Schedule and meet with homeowners to review/resolve post closing warranty repair and service requests.
· Evaluate actual vs. perceived problem to determine the root cause. Make a determination with regards to whether the problem is an item that is clearly covered under the warranty guidelines, if there could be a warrantable item that is underlying the current problem, or if prior repair of a warrantable item may have caused the problem.
· Resolve customer issues deemed to be outside the scope of the warranty. Determine when Meritage Homes should cover the costs of repair within the “spirit” of the warranty in order to satisfy the homeowner.
· Manage the scheduling of subcontractors with homeowners for timely completion of warranty requests; ensure the work is performed in a timely manner.
· Oversee and inspect the work of subcontractors in accordance with “the spirit” of warranty guidelines, the Register of Contractor Standards, and Meritage Homes’ quality standards. Obtain customer sign-off for satisfactorily completed work.
· Initiate cost effective resolutions to customer warranty and satisfaction issues.
· Verify and submit invoices for work deemed not to be the responsibility of a subcontractor or product manufacturer.
· Respond to emergencies to meet customer service expectations.
· Analyze and understand manufacturer’s recommendations for the use and application of their products, product features, and warranty provisions and explain/demonstrate them to new homeowners.
· Familiar with Arizona Registrar of Contractors (ROC) inspection processes and minimum workmanship standards
· Identify trends and resolve issues in a proactive manner; recommend corrective action to include withholding of payment to subcontractors, and discontinuance future contracts with subcontractors.
· Work with the Customer Service Manager, the Community Construction Manager, and Sales Associates within a team approach to customer satisfaction and the delivery of a quality product.
· Work with management team on resolving various outstanding legal claims.
· May repair or otherwise fix minor items impacting homeowner satisfaction such as replacing electrical
outlet face plates, caulking, touch up paint and other similar small items.
· May repair or otherwise fix items in the community model home.
· Minimum high school diploma, 2+ years of college preferred
· Familiarity with construction industry; training in one or more trades strongly preferred
· 5+ years Customer Service experience preferably in construction industry
· Basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook Calendar and Excel.
· Knowledge of or ability to learn warranty specifications, industry terminology, and standard construction processes and practices
· Must be able to analyze construction deficits or product problems to determine root cause, and determine solutions to produce desired outcome; often under pressure
· Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills; must be responsive to customer needs while maintaining high degree of professionalism
· Detailed written documentation for communication both internally and externally
· Daily interactions with new homeowners, subcontractors, vendors, and all levels of employees
· Excellent problem/conflict resolution skills to handle/diffuse situations and customer concerns in a positive manner
· Ability to explain complex issues to others in a manner easily understood by both construction industry professionals and to customers
· Team Player; demonstrated ability to work within cross-functional teams
· Sound judgment with ability to make good decisions under time pressures
· Accurate; with keen attention to detail
· Self directed; takes initiative, proactively addresses problems; can work with minimal oversight
· Analytical; with ability to give, receive, analyze information, and interpret complex issues in order to determine the root problem and make effective decisions to bring the issue to a successful conclusion
· Highly organized and flexible; with ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines, often with frequent interruptions and changing circumstances, in a high-volume fast-paced work environment
· Ability to operate hand tools
· Position normally does not require travel out of region, but could travel for meetings or training
· Frequent local travel between project sites
· Work requires the ability to operate an automobile, a valid state Drivers License, a personal vehicle, and personal vehicle liability Insurance coverage to meet the standard set by Meritage Homes
PHYSICAL– ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS
· Work is performed in equal amounts in an office environment and on-site in customer homes and new Meritage communities
· Occasional exposure to all weather conditions, dust, dirt, hazardous chemicals and other particulates
· Work is generally performed during what is considered to be normal business hours; however, a minimum of one weekend a month will be required and on occasion some evenings.
· Available for after hours emergency on-call on an intermittent basis.
Meritage Homes Corporation is a designer and builder of single-family attached and detached homes based on the number of home closings, in...