Acts as a single point of contact for a group of assigned customer accounts which typically have a medium to large revenue scope or have moderate to high complex product needs. Manages any interactions from the customer order through billing to ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction. Proactively manages the customer’s service needs to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and that their expectations are met. Promotes revenue growth, retention, and overall customer satisfaction. Serves as the conduit and escalation point for exception problem management of customer troubles and issues in the areas of order entry, order validation, service activation, test and turn-up, customer access group, technical customer account management, disconnects and billing activities.
Education and Experience
- Owns and manages all customer communications or escalations pertaining to new install orders. Manages all aspects of the conversion of sales to revenue for the company. Actively manages all service activation elements of customer orders from order entry through service “turn up.” Communicates order status in a timely manner to customers via conference call, emails and phone calls. Has authority to deviate from defined processes to ensure customer satisfaction and revenue recognition.
- Initiates and tracks the timely and accurate moves, adds, changes and disconnects to the customer’s services based on their requests. Which include but is not limited to reason code collection, reporting and defining approach for proactively working with the customer and sales on disconnect related retention efforts. May also be provided with a level of authority to provide customer credits related to disconnect retention efforts to be used at their discretion.
- Owns and creates service delivery and service management performance review presentations. Collects and interprets service performance root cause analysis and corrective actions. Delivers project status and presentations to the customers on a weekly or monthly basis depending upon customer requirements, which is delivered via electronic presentations or in person meetings.
- May collaborate with customer or portal support team with the on-boarding and re-boarding (as changes occur) of customers within the company portal. Provides training to customers in order to drive consistent use of the company portal. Accountable to ensure that all assigned customers are portal enabled, including owning and directing the process for implementing updates of customer information hierarchies within the company portal.
- Responsible for effective and proactive pre-sales engagement which includes product compliance, ensuring factory supportability and solutions definitions.
- May conduct first bill reviews (new or significant changes in services) with new and existing customers to ensure invoiced charges are accurate for contracted products and services. Assists as an escalation point to customers for billing research, and helps identify root cause of billing disputes. Initiates, develops, and manages action plans to correct and prevent the reoccurrence of specific dispute types, and has authority to approve customer credits within established limits.
Knowledge, Skills or Abilities
- Experience: 2+ yrs
- Education Level: Associate's Degree
- Field Of Study: Telecommunications
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years related customer service experience in the telecommunications industry
- Must have project management experience in planning and organizing data from various sources into concise, relevant information
- Must have keen attention to detail. Must be self-directed, understand the requirements, and take the initiative to complete tasks or assignments with little or no direction
- Experienced in interfacing with internal and external customers towards effective management of a project or customer expectations
- Ability to focus and deliver proactively in a dynamic, multi-tasking, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively in diverse groups
- Demonstrated ability to direct the work of other functional organizations
- Demonstrated ability to influence and collaborate across organizational boundaries
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must work effectively under pressure; organizing multiple tasks and projects in an ever changing environment
- Develop documentation to be reported to all levels of management and customers
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills
Sits five to seven hours per day. Stands and or walks one to three hours per day. May bend, reach, stoop and crouch throughout the day. Should have the ability to hear, speak and see effectively to perform the necessary tasks of this position. Manual dexterity is occasionally required. The position may require frequent movement and activity relating to using keyboards, viewing data on computer displays, and communicating verbally and in writing to the needs of others. The employee-owner may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Working Conditions: Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Government Security Required: No
Level 3 Communications - 12 months ago
L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite telephones...