The Kansas Contact Center, with operations in Overland Park, KS, delivers a variety of support resources to members of Amerigroup's Kansas Health Plan.
Associates are focused on understanding and meeting the needs of our customers by connecting with the mission and vision in their daily work activity. While working with our customers over the phone, Customer Care associates use their analytical skills to identify issues and proactively engage to solve problems during the call. While anticipating the needs of our customers, Customer Care associates demonstrate good listening skills, strong verbal and written communication skills to help influence our customers resulting in an amazing customer experience.
If you are looking for a way to make a difference in the lives of others by offering a little help to those in need, you are invited to further explore employment opportunities at Amerigroup.
Responsible for responding to either inbound inquiries or outreach calls from/to potential and existing AMERIGROUP members and providers. Responsibilities include providing accurate information/education/resolution about eligibility status, benefit coverage, provider network, credentialing status, authorization/referral status, demographic changes and all other non-claim issues.
This position is located in Overland Park, KS.
We are recruiting for training classes to start November 26.
1. Function as an information source through telephonic assistance to members, providers, billing agencies, and various company/department staff.
2. Provide pleasant customer experience through superior customer service methods, problem solving and real-time issue resolution.
3. Interact with provider community and various departments to resolve issues involving the membership and credentialing status.
4. Explain benefits, eligibility status, enrollment processing procedures and status of authorizations and referrals to callers.
5. Assist with activities to ensure membership’s continuity of care.
6. Conduct member outreach calls as assigned to proactively educate members on services available (Welcome Calls), complete health assessments for plan case management (Early Case Findings and Healthy Beginnings) and conduct membership surveys.
7. Process complaints, following established guidelines.
8. Maintain knowledge of state guidelines, regulations, and departmental policies and practices and maintain accurate documentation for compliance.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED
Years and Type of Experience
- Some completed college courses or degree
- Two years of experience in customer service or call center environment
Certifications or Licensures
- Other languages as determined by business need.
Computer Hardware, Software, and Applications/ Office Equipment-Basic
Communication Skills: Verbal, Written and Call Handling-Basic
- Ability to use software and hardware of a computer to complete certain simple tasks.
- Ability to use standard office equipment such as telephone, fax machine and copy machine.
- Working knowledge in a windows environment to include navigation skills using a mouse and keyboard and use of the Internet.
- Ability to review and draft correspondence in email system and word processing systems.
- Ability to use spreadsheets to review, organize and edit data.
Heath Care Industry Terminology
- Ability to use proper language, grammar and style in the preparation of verbal and written messages to convey a clear, concise, friendly and appropriate message to business partners and customers.
- Demonstrates skills to properly handle a telephone inquiry into the contact center. Properly greet the customer and provide information based on purpose for the call and script requirements.
Read, Interpret and Apply Information
- Ability to understand basic health care industry terms, e.g. managed care, primary care physician, explanation of benefits, etc.
- Ability to read and comprehend the information and provide an explanation to the business partner or customer that is accurate and appropriate.
- Ability to research information using available resources.
Make Sound Decisions
- Demonstrates understanding of the organization's mission and strategies.
- Works to clarify and understand the broader purpose and mission of own work.
- Integrates and balances big-picture concerns with day-to-day activities.
- Generates innovative ideas and solutions to problems.
- Identifies opportunities to increase efficiency, simplicity, and revenue.
- Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness.
- Collects sufficient information to understand problems and issues.
- Analyzes problems and issues from different points of view.
- Applies accurate logic and common sense in making decisions
Develop/Support Organizational Talent
- Relates to people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner.
- Treats others with respect.
- Listens carefully and attentively to others’ opinions and ideas.
- Maintains positive relationships even under difficult or heated circumstances.
- Works cooperatively with people from different cultural backgrounds.
- Encourages people to draw on each other's strengths and experience to work together effectively, within and across teams.
- Appropriately involves others in decisions and plans that affect them.
- Provides honest, helpful feedback to others on their performance.
- Shares own experience and expertise with others.
Show Drive and Initiative
Accountability / Optimize Execution
- Demonstrates a "can-do" spirit, a sense of optimism, ownership, and commitment.
- Maintains a consistent, high level of productivity.
- Takes personal responsibility to make decisions and take action.
- Does not easily give up in the face of unexpected obstacles.
- Projects a positive image and serves as a role model for others.
- Juggles many priorities and competing demands for one's time.
- Acts resourcefully to ensure that work is completed within specified time and quality parameters.
- Removes obstacles in order to move the work forward and/or get efforts back on track.
- Surfaces problems and issues before projects get derailed.
# Direct Reports: 0
# Indirect Reports: 0
Budgetary $ Responsibility: 0
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices.
- Ability to communicate both in person and/or by telephone.
- Must be able to travel as needed and adhere to Amerigroup travel policies and procedures.
- 2 years ago - save job
AMERIGROUP looks after the health of America's needy. The managed health care provider targets people eligible for Medicaid, the State...