Posting Job Title Customer Care Representative Requisition # 141946BR Posting Location Cheektowaga, NY, US Area of Interest Customer Service/Member Services
Position Type Full Time Posting Job Description Time Warner Cable Northeast region currently seeks Customer Care Representatives for our Customer Care Department. Below please find a brief description of the essential duties and responsibilities required to function successfully in this position.
The purpose of this position is to serve existing customers and prospective customers in a 24/7 High volume, Call Center environment by providing technical support for both our High Speed Data & Video services, selling services, making changes in service and providing account/billing information.
Continuous rotating shifts. Must be flexible to work weekends and holidays as a regular work schedule and have Troubleshooting skills for cable reception, Internet connection and digital phone connection.
There is also potential to earn commission!
Essential Job Functions:
- Utilize the Subscriber Management System and other appropriate resources to effectively answer customer inquiries about all elements of subscriber account status and scheduling of installation, change, repair or disconnection of service. This may be either oral or written communication. Also, uses computerized system for tracking, information gathering and/or troubleshooting.
- Analyze, interpret, and resolve subscriber problems, which relate in any way to our products or services to assure one- call resolution with the intent of providing customer satisfaction and retention.
- Utilize the Subscriber Management System and third-party web applications to process payments and maintain proper accounting procedures in the processing of payments.
- Lead customer through analysis, identification and correction of problems to facilitate immediate restoration of services and to prevent customer-caused service interruptions.
- Provide customers with information about programming options and changes, service enhancements and any additional product(s) or services(s), which might increase customer loyalty or company revenues. Assess customer needs and suggest/promote alternative products and/or services.
- Required to meet standardized goals and objectives as established through the Performance management process.
- Inform supervisor in clear, concise and timely manner of any unresolved customer relations issues.
- Develop through training and on-the-job experience a thorough understanding of the entire billing process including but not limited to: pro-rates, non- pays, rate increases, adjustments, credits, discounts, collections and billing equations (seasonal).
- Develop familiarity with the cable industry, competitors' equipment, sales and product knowledge through formal and informal training, trade associations' material and sales/marketing product and service campaigns.
- May perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or required.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is intended to describe the overall nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. The list is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or skills that may be required of individuals in this position.
- Requires general to broad knowledge of company products/services.
- Requires general knowledge of basic mathematical computations and the ability to effectively communicate information to customers.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure, tact and courtesy in an environment of continuous customer contact that is routinely high volume and demanding.
- Must be able to effectively resolve problems and be efficient in a fast paced environment and work a variety of work schedules to include days, nights, weekends, holiday, etc.
- Demonstrated phone skills and etiquette.
- Ability to navigate a computer for data entry, confirmation, tracking, information gathering, and/or troubleshooting.
- Ability to type 30 wpm accurately; proficient use of a computer mouse in a Windows environment.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills and the ability to analyze and interpret customer's needs by utilizing appropriate resources.
- Must be able to work in a team- orientated, high demand and fast paced environment.
- Must be able to multi-task such simultaneously using telephone and computer skills.
- Must successfully complete pre- employment testing.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- All other Duties as Assigned
Education and Experience:
- 1 year customer service related experience in PC hardware, software or related fields a plus. Call Center experience preferred.
- Stable work history preferred.
- High school diploma or its equivalent is required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills required.
- Pass required call center test assessments.
- Working knowledge of Windows & Macintosh Operating Systems.
- Basic understanding of computer cabling and installation, as well as a basic understanding of Microsoft Outlook Express and email settings.
No is Travel required.
No Supervisory responsibilities with this position.
The physical demands described here are those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
FCC Unit_TWC 1811 Controlling Establishment ID 00334 - Cheektowaga 2875 Union Rd
Time Warner Cable - 20 months ago
Time Warner Cable (TWC) makes coaxial quiver. The company is the #2 US cable company, after Comcast, with operations in 28 states. Its core...