Under the direct supervision of the Customer Care Manager this position provides support to the Customer Care Department. In addition to ensuring that SheaHomes meets all warranty obligations to each customer, this person works with Trade Partners and communicates information back to the Customer Care Department to improve and exceed customer satisfaction, quality, and cycle time objectives. This Representative has the responsibility of ensuring all warranty issues are satisfied through prompt, courteous, and efficient service therefore he/she must maintain rapport with customers at all times. This individual must be capable of working to resolve sometimes difficult claims with customer.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Works under limited supervision and on own initiative performs standard and advanced customer service duties. Must be able to work successfully in a team environment; have a strong customer service focus; and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is expected. Must have ability to balance multiple priorities and assignments, be detail-oriented, and conscientious with a dependable work ethic. Must have 2-3 years previous supervisory and homebuilding industry experience. Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communications, presentation, negotiation and people skills are also required. This person may be a member of special or ongoing projects that are important to process improvement. Must have demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relations with trades, internal and external customers, and ability to plan, organize and prioritize responsibilities to consistently meet deadlines. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
- Develops and maintains effective communications with internal and external customers
- Manages and ensures completion of homeowner warranty issues within a timely manner
- Obtains necessary documentation for key release procedures, including written and/or verbal confirmation for homeowner approval involving a warranty request’s completion
- Responsible for accurate and complete documentation in homeowner file
- Assists Customer Care team to improve quality of life in the workplace
- Coordinates with Superintendents to meet planning and community goals
- Processes data daily and records the information in an online tracking system
- Evaluates Customer Care processes and services for continual improvement
- Assigns work to Trades and follows up on scheduled Trade appointments with homeowners
- Processes repair costs invoices for warranty spending and item costs associated with repairs costs and courtesy repairs.
- Assists with other projects as assigned
- Works completely within the safety and leadership expectations of the Company.
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- 2-5 years Homebuilding customer service experience
- Computer literate in MS Suite, Excel, Word, Outlook, high-end computer user a plus
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle for use during business hours
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to communicate verbally and in writing, stand, walk, and sit. Must be comfortable working at an active construction site, the noise level is usually moderate.
Shea Properties - 9 months ago