Plymouth Rock, founded in 1982 by Jim Stone, former Massachusetts Insurance Commissioner, is a privately held insurance company that writes personal and commercial lines of business in the Northeastern United States. Today, Plymouth Rock, with more than $1billion in premiums underwritten and serviced, is comprised of a group of companies that were started or acquired to expand product offerings, channels of distribution, and the geographic footprint. With more than 800,000 policyholders, Plymouth Rock writes insurance through more than 800 independent agents.
The Plymouth Rock Group employs over 1,600 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
General Purpose of Job:
Our customer service representatives work in a dynamic call center where professionalism and commitment to our team environment is highly valued. Representatives handle a large volume of telephone requests from our policyholders; agents; and third parties. These requests include making policy changes, reviewing coverage, processing payments and answering billing questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To be successful in this position, you must have the following:
• Be a customer advocate. Ensure customer satisfaction through demonstration of our brand and adherence to Company policies, guidelines and procedures.
• Respect for our customers time by focusing on first call resolution and making it easy to do business with us.
• Ability to educate our customers on: their coverage, additional product information; the benefits of registering for eService, enrolling in e-documents and selecting EFT.
• Above average interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
• Excellent computer/data entry and general math skills.
• Good analytical and decision making skills.
• High energy and motivation to follow up and take ownership.
• Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
• Previous customer service background helpful.
• Strong team player.
• The ability to work flexible or changing schedules is a critical aspect of this department. Hours of operation are 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM Monday-Friday; 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM Saturdays.
Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job