This Part-Time position will begin on 4/1/13. The first initial 6 weeks of employment will include formal training with the following required hours:
8:00am-5:00pm (Monday-Friday: 40 hours each week)
After successfully completing training, the permanent Part-Time shifts will be as follow:
POSITION SUMMARY: This position provides exceptional customer service utilizing the telephone, responding to the questions and concerns of internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL, BASIC AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION. THESE FUNCTIONS ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED.
- Model ethical behavior and execute job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values and ethics policies
- Effectively respond via the telephone to concerns of both internal and external customers
- Utilize multiple processing systems and maintain a working knowledge of the Manual of Rates, Rules and Procedures; this may include, but is not necessarily limited to, questions concerning risk eligibility, submission status, rating, premiums, cancellations and/or reinstatements
- Perform specialized functions and projects in accordance with departmental rules and regulations
- Act as the caller’s advocate via the telephone to ensure the caller’s concerns are addressed
- Take ownership of each call, handling it until resolution is reached, which includes follow-up, as necessary, to ensure that the actions promised to the caller are completed
- Process underwriting endorsements and/or changes within approved authority level and perform transactions according to latest corporate standards, manual rates, guidelines and procedures
- Gather, organize and forward information to other areas for handling or consideration
- Assist in other areas of the production unit as needed
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent telephone and verbal communications skills
- Working knowledge of Property/Casualty Insurance operations and policy elements
- Ability to obtain, organize and present information and ability to handle multiple tasks as assigned
- Ability to use a telephone, P.C., facsimile machine, calculator, and copier
- Working knowledge of production systems
- Ability to travel during catastrophe events
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of education at an accredited college or university OR two years customer service related experience OR a combination of college education and customer service related experience equivalent to two years of college
- One or more years of customer service experience
- 220, 440, 520/620 License
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Knowledge of Property / Casualty Insurance operations and common policy elements
- Call center experience
- Knowledge of ePAS or other systems used at Citizens
This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer (4 or more hours per day).
Looking for a career that's more than just a paycheck? Then you're looking for Citizens Property Insurance Corporation.