Oversees handling of customer complaints and problems, including issuance of return authorizations. Handles key accounts and problems that are beyond the scope of the Customer Service Representatives. Provides analysis of recurring customer problems and company errors, and recommends solutions. Maintains SLA and productivity standards for the CSR team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a work environment that’s supports a high degree of professionalism and enthusiasm by providing leadership.
- Train and coach Customer Service Representatives team.
- Oversees handling of customer claims and adjustments and issuance of return authorizations, ensuring validity, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Resolves problems and situations beyond the scope of the Customer Service Representatives.
- Researches systems errors and corrections in order to identify recurring errors, advises other departments as needed, establishes procedures to reduce or eliminate, and summarizes for management.
- Works with Accounts Receivable, Credit, Sales, and Operations Departments on special projects/problems.
- Sets performance goals and standards for Customer Service Representatives, including reviewing, revising, and conducting performance appraisals.
- Identify and manage KPIs to evaluate productivity and determine pro-active course of correction when necessary.
Directly supervises 8 employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor s degree or 2-4 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and MQ database experience helpful.
- Call Center experience with CRM with telephony experience, ie Shortel and Saleforce
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals and effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, and employees.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and interpret instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Professional Communications via phone, email, and Live Chat
- Ability to handle multiple ordering systems
- Digital Book knowledge helpful
- Experience with small B2B customer service a plus
This employer participates in E-Verify. Baker-Taylor will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are work authorized, Baker-Taylor is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
If you've strolled through a library recently, you likely saw a lot of Baker & Taylor (B&T) without knowing it. The #1 supplier...