About Iron Mountain
Iron Mountain Incorporated (NYSE: IRM) provides information management services that help organizations lower the costs, risks and inefficiencies of managing their physical and digital data. The company's solutions enable customers to protect and better use their information—regardless of its format, location or lifecycle stage—so they can optimize their business and ensure proper recovery, compliance and discovery. Founded in 1951, Iron Mountain manages billions of information assets, including business records, electronic files, medical data, emails and more for organizations around the world. Visit www.ironmountain.com or follow the company on Twitter at www.twitter.com/IronMountainInc for more information.
Partnering with the Business Development Executive, manages the relationships for approximately 60-90 assigned Commercial Iron Mountain customers to ensure satisfaction with service and IM programs, positioning the relationship for further growth. Represents Iron Mountain’s information management value proposition and educate customers about business relevant solutions. Proactively manage customer programs through new opportunity identification, upsell execution, renewal strategy, and issue management to enable growth. A focus on Customer loyalty providing proactive solutions to meet customer needs while uncovering and selling new opportunities for revenue growth and quota attainment.
Customer Development Executives accomplishes increasing the IRM footprint with the territory through the following key objectives:
• Assesses assigned customer’s current and potential needs, determining appropriate Iron Mountain products and solutions. Assists in the development of strategies and business plans through understanding the customers; business model, planning and decision making channels from understanding the customer's value proposition and ability to explain how they differentiate themselves in the marketplace. Assists in the positioning of alternative ways of creating the real value of IRM’s total solution offerings for customers through their relationship and customer support.
• Support account activity including, managing timely detailed responses to RFP’s, tracking activity in SFDC, forecasting, conducting competitive research and knowledge of IRM product offerings. Primary objective within assigned account territory will be to grow the overall Book of Business by a specific assigned percentage.
Contract Renewals and Negotiations:
The representative will work to partner with the customer on renewals and work through any RFP process by identifying gaps in current contract in place and understanding customer needs in order to successfully renew the contract, partnering with other Iron Mountain departments as necessary. Negotiate pricing and SLA as appropriate to drive customer retention strategy. May be required to perform customer needs and service analysis, make recommendations on appropriate pricing structure and contract requirements, communicate pricing programs, and contribute to RFP responses. Responsible to identify through relationships and reporting accounts that are at risk to terminate and drive strategy to retain those accounts.
Responsible for final account profitability through leading negotiation process and ensuring an acceptable on time outcome from a pricing, profitability, liability, operational, and SLA perspective for accounts. Responsible for identifying areas of opportunity, securing resources and driving sales process to assist in scoping and pricing for special projects within assigned accounts.
Customer Experience and Escalations:
• Identifies and facilitates resolution of any customer issues that are roadblocks to customer satisfaction. Responsible for researching escalated service and billing issues to ensure all appropriate actions by other parties are being taken to resolve issue and ensure follow through until closure and complete customer satisfaction. Facilitate customer ad-hoc requests such as reports, audits, tours and analysis. . Partner with internal contacts to get to AP contact to create awareness around outstanding payment and determine root cause of non- payment and partner with customer to resolve.
• Conduct analysis such as customer needs analysis, service or solution gap analysis, compliance assessments and customer issue trends. Identify risks and perform root cause analysis and lead action in directing internal and external teams in issue resolution/corrective actions. Communicate service suggestions to customer for the most advantageous services and provide insight as to business/industry trends that may be applicable.
• Facilitate account terminations including identifying reason for closure, defining possible solutions to customer issues to lead to retention, negotiating account closure procedures and prices(if retention efforts are not successful)
Activity within industry associations in the market to increase IM awareness, through attending tradeshows, reviewing whitepapers and keep current within market trends
Functional Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies:
• Candidates must have a strong background and knowledge of strategic account management.
• Must have the ability to identify customer need and translate customer need into solution requirements.
• Excellent written, oral and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively plan and possess strong analytical skills
• Ability to partner, influence and negotiate
• Ability to make decisions and think in broad terms, considering the impact to the entire company.
• Ability to team effectively at all levels of IMRM and customer personnel (to include C-level) on a wide range of topics and issues.
• Individual must have 3 years minimum successful experience in a “customer-facing”, service and sales oriented position
• Proven experience building internal and external customer relationships, navigating across an organization and growing current customer business base through internal partnerships.
This role is required to have general business acumen and understand IM’s solution offerings and its competitive environment. This role requires a deep understanding of IM’s services, programs, workflows, systems and processes across all lines of business and an understanding of the procedures of other departments.
Iron Mountain is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Iron Mountain - 15 months ago
You think you have a mountain of paperwork to deal with? Iron Mountain is one of the world's largest records storage and information...