Thanks for your interest! Please scroll down to the bottom of this page to begin the required online application and resume upload. The online application typically takes 5-10 minutes to complete. Here is a refresher of the position you indicated interest in:
GRIMCO was founded in 1875 in St. Louis, Missouri. Today we have 40 business centers across the USA, and an international sales division, focused on the Caribbean and Latin America. Our #1 Goal is growth in all wholesale markets for manufacturing/distribution of digital print products, signs and sign-making supplies.
We are proud to be voted Vendor of the Year for the 3rd year in a row by our customers in both the FASTSIGNS and Signs by Tomorrow nationwide franchise networks! We have recently been named Vendor of the Year by our customers in the Signs Now franchise network, and are also celebrating our inclusion in the Top 100 Entry Level Employers listing, released annually by CollegeGrad.com.
What Makes GRIMCO special?
What Separates the Good from the Great at GRIMCO:
- We’re excited for our 138th year in business! We have a stable, growing company that continues to evolve with our industry.
- We promote from within – our strong performers become our strong leaders.
- We have GREAT team members coast to coast, and are proud of our reputation of being the most informed & educated supplier in our industry!
- Our executives and managers are extremely accessible, and work on the front lines of our business!
Determination; competitive drive; eagerness to learn all facets of our company; strong desire to provide exceptional customer service and sell; constant preparation for branch sales and leadership; hunger to make an immediate impact on a solid growing company. This is what we seek in our Customer Development Teams!
What Does a Customer Development Rep DO???
CDR's are that main point of contact - when a customer thinks GRIMCO, they think of their Customer Development Reps.CDR is our all-encompassing Account Manager team - everything from Inside Sales + Outside Sales to Service and Promotions, Problem Resolution, Special Events and Distribution. As we are a wholesale distributor, much of our business is conducted over the phone. CDR's typically spend 70-80% of each week on the phone in the beginning. Primary focus is serving and continuing to grow existing accounts. Let's Break that Down!
- Receive calls from local & regional customers (approximately 25-50 per day).
- Accurately enter orders using excellent customer service.
- Answer customer’s questions on products and distribution, both in person & via phone.
- Provide solutions/recommendations & up-sell products utilizing superior product knowledge, both in person & via phone.
- Grow sales of specific customer list to reach goals set by management, both in person & via phone.
- Proactively call existing customers to research trends/needs, relationship management, follow-up, etc.
- Promote daily/weekly/monthly specials via Inside Sales call projects (approximately 200 - 500 outbound calls to existing accounts per week).
- Accurately enter customer info & purchasing trends to CRM database.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects & duties (catalog/sample mailings, brochures, warehouse, special event planning & execution, etc.) to support team members & grow our business.
STRONG PREFERENCE FOR:
- Previous Sales/Marketing or Customer Service experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university (final semester applicants welcome).
- Computer literate – MS Office Suite, internet navigation & order entry experience.
- Confidence & positive attitude a MUST! Goal-Oriented & competitive in sales/marketing activities.
- Superior interpersonal skills—able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Work hard & smart—never satisfied with the status quo. Possess high expectations of what can be accomplished by self & team.
- Ability to take direction & to make independent decisions in a fast-paced environment; demonstrate strong sense of urgency & true commitment to customers.
- Sit & stand for extended periods; assist in distribution operations: squat, bend, kneel, lift 5-50lbs.
- Drive personal vehicle (mileage reimbursement available) to outside sales appointments - must have current registration & valid license.
- Travel for sales visits & special events, training, etc.: local/regional 5%-25% of time.
New to the Sign Industry? Great! What’s the training like?
- Bachelor’s Degree Major/Concentration in an area of Business/Communications.
- Cumulative GPA > 3.15.
- AS400 data management system experience; CRM database experience.
- Spanish and/or Portuguese language skills are always a plus - advanced/fluent levels.
2-3 weeks focused training time. Majority of Time Training: Products, Computer Systems, Phones/Customers, Sales/Service, Purchasing & Logistics, Web Store & Marketing, Branch Distribution & Delivery, Safety, Accounting, HR, Reports.
Split between break-out session hands-on learning environment & front-lines application of learning.
Rotation within departments for a diverse look at how employees approach tasks & achieve goals.
Corporate Tour at one of our two Manufacturing/Distribution Plants: Art Room, Manufacturing/Production, Safety, Receiving & Distribution.
Full time salary includes training period. Travel accommodations & expenses provided per Grimco National Travel Policy. Training location determined by corporate/regional training team schedule.
Immediate opening, to start January, 2013. Full Time Employment Status - Eligible for Employee Benefits Package Including: Health, Dental, Vision, Accident, Life, Long Term Disability, 401K, Holidays & Vacation Accrual. Base Annual Salary Range $35k - $40k, Opportunity for Additional Earnings for Sales Success.