A Customer Engineer will have designated clients that they work with on a regular basis in assisting the customer achieve and maintain their IT infrastructure needs. A Customer Engineer will typically be working at a customer site and is responsible for working closely with clients and cross functional mindSHIFT support teams to manage and maintain the local and wide area network technology used by our clients. This position involves using both technology and business skills in support of our client’s networks. The position requires network administration skills, in depth workstation knowledge and management for both Windows and Mac operating systems, attention to detail, business intuition, excellent verbal and written skills, and the ability to professionally present ideas to all levels of the corporate structure.
- Technical management of small and medium business networks
- Technical documentation of system configurations
- Trouble-shooting modern networks including but not limited to TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, switches, routers, firewalls, and wireless.
- Trouble-shooting multi-site Active Directory 2003/2008 environments.
- Trouble-shooting Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010 environments.
- Workstation management and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a closely related field.
- MCSE, MCSA, MCITP: Server Administrator, MCITP: Enterprise Administrator
- Apple computer hands on experience.
- Management of a storage area network on fiber channel or iSCSI
- Enthusiasm about working in a fast-paced and ever evolving environment.
- Enjoy working with existing clients and eager to engage in new client relationships.
- Service oriented attitude – “will do what it takes to get the job done right.”
- A spirit of perpetual learning.
- Prefers knowing a broader range of technologies well, as opposed to being highly specialized in a few.
- A passion for sharing information in a team environment and with clients.
mindSHIFT Technologies, Inc. - 8 months ago