Redbox Automated Retail, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Coinstar, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSTR), offers new-release DVD, Blu-ray Disc®, and video game rentals through its network of conveniently located, self-service kiosks. Redbox has rented more than 2 billion discs and is available at more than 35,400 kiosks across over 29,000 locations nationwide, including select McDonald’s restaurants, leading grocery, drug and convenience stores, select Wal-Mart and Walgreens locations in select markets. For more information, visit www.Redbox.com . Information about Coinstar, Inc. can be found at www.coinstarinc.com .
Customer Intelligence & Business Insights Product Manager II
How would you like to join a world-class team building a market-leading consumer experience? Redbox is searching for a Customer Intelligence & Business Insights Product Manager II to join our team, and be responsible for the strategy and execution of key initiatives to support our back-end enterprise platforms. The ideal candidate must possess excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills, along with the ability to work well with multiple stakeholders in both a technical and business environment. Key responsibilities include managing product plans, roadmap, phasing, prioritization, and producing business requirements for all features in a fast-paced, iterative development process. Redbox adheres to a highly collaborative Agile product management philosophy.
This position reports to the Director, Product Management – Platform Services and is located at our Oakbrook Terrace facility.
Summary of Key Responsibilities :
- Assist in the development and execution of the 24-month roadmap for Consumer Intelligence initiatives in our U.S. operations & Business Intelligence Initiatives to support the Canada Operations
- Work with Sr. Product Manager, Customer Intelligence & Campaign Management with the execution of Customer Intelligence Initiatives in the U.S that support the 360 degree view of the Redbox consumer. Working with members of corporate IT/Development organization to aggregate disparate sources of data, and enhance the platform to manage a growing consumer population that interacts with Redbox across a variety of channels.
- Work with Sr. Product Manager, Business Insights & Title Management with the execution of Business Intelligence platform initiatives related to our Canada operations. This includes engaging with key business stakeholders across the organization, defining high level requirements, as well as, managing the implementation and deployment of the solution and ongoing enhancements.
- Work collaboratively across the organization with members of corporate IT / development, field operations, customer service, legal, marketing, and third party vendors to deliver on the product feature sets and roadmap
- Develop deep “end customer” understanding
- Identify and track key success metrics and utilize those metrics to make informed decisions
- Complete competitive analysis and benchmarking work
- Develop concepts, business cases, features, project phases, and requirements in a fast-paced, iterative development process
- Serve as an integral part of the master product delivery process, working to ensure the most critical business problems are prioritized and solved
- Prioritize requests, enhancements, bugs, and make trade-off decisions / recommendations based on critical business needs and technical feasibility
- Communicate priority changes to Product leadership and relevant stakeholders.
- Take creative risks to develop breakthrough opportunities
- Works closely with peer teams in Product and Marketing on cross-functional consumer features/capabilities.
- Coordinates with consumer Product Managers on cross-team efforts so as to maintain continuity of front and back-end requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge and understanding of database architecture (Consumer & Transactional)
- Knowledge and experience in the deployment of Business Intelligence solutions (i.e. Cubes, Tableu, Other)
- Ability to conceptualize and solve unstructured or loosely defined problems
- Outstanding leadership skills – including the ability to overcome objections, explain technical concepts to non-technical individuals and presenting strategic vision of product initiatives in a compelling format
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset, bias for action and a passion for delivering great customer experiences
- Possess well-developed business judgment which permits the creation of meaningful insight from potentially disparate findings. The ability to think creatively about solutions is a key success factor in the role
- Strong experience in translating business needs into product features
- Experience working on Agile software development projects using various software development methodologies, including Agile/Scrum or XP
- Excellent research, written, verbal and presentation skills
- Experience with Mingle (or other Agile project management tools) or Axure (or similar prototyping tools) a huge plus
In addition to a rewarding career, Coinstar, Inc. offers excellent employee benefits and competitive compensation. For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website at www.coinstarinc.com/careers .
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred
- 5 - 8 years of experience in product management, in particular managing rollout of consumer-facing software technologies and backend business support systems
Redbox - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -