Customer Marketing Manager, LUNA
Clif Bar & Company is looking for a CUSTOMER MARKETING MANAGER, LUNA.
The ideal candidate will have an immediate connection to our Five Aspirations, as well as embody the “Clif Bar Ingredients” (Create, Inspire, Connect, Own It, and Be Yourself).
This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “high-change” environment where priorities shift from day to day. Candidates, who connect through positive and respectful interaction, inspire greater success across all Five Aspirations and create extraordinary experiences, solutions and ideas will be at the top of our list.
The Customer Marketing Manager is responsible for developing sales strategies, communicating key brand initiatives, and driving execution of the Clif Bar & Company tactics at the customer level. The CMM is a primary member of the business unit serving as the customer advocate responsible for bringing vital customer perspective to new item launches, customer promotions, operations forecasting, and the quarterly business review (QBR) process. The CMM ensures that there is alignment across all departments within our Home Office and the Sales Field Team. The CMM is the key partner of the sales team to identify customer opportunities and to provide support with fact-based sales presentations. Additionally, the CMM is responsible for driving the annual planning process including development of MAPS (merchandising assortment, pricing, shelving) tactics, sales and trade budgets, measuring performance, tracking, and reporting.
• The Customer Marketing Manager is the key communication link between the brand team, operations, creative, customer service and the sales field on all aspects of the account relationship and brand management to ensure flawless execution.
• Drive the planning process utilizing key learnings, category studies, key competitor analysis, customer and market condition information, brand strategies, and budget considerations resulting in delivery of the strategic sales and trade budget and sales execution action plan (MAPS).
• Management of the strategic sales & trade budget. Working with the sales field on execution, managing exceptions, analyzing payback & post promotion results.
• Working with category managers and brand teams to develop integrated category selling presentations utilizing consumer trend information, syndicated data, category insights, and recommendations for implementation of strategies and tactics designed to grow the Clif brands and the overall category.
• Collaborate with operations and sales field on promotion, baseline, and new item forecasting on key businesses to insure proper inventory levels and improvement in forecast accuracy.
• Actively participate on new item development team and provide leadership on channel launch strategy, trade spending guidance, MAPS tactics, packaging concerns, and insight into pipeline forecasts.
Position-Specific Skills Required
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a genuine Clif Bar & Company ambassador, who exemplifies the Clif Bar culture in all candidate communications and interactions.
• Embody the Clif Bar Five Aspirations and Ingredients.
• Ensure alignment among cross functional teams, sales, and numerous retail channels in highly competitive categories; while balancing efforts to increase sales volume and effectively manage trade costs, within the mission and core values of Clif Bar and Company, stated profitability goals and the needs of our retail customers and consumers.
• Maintain a high level of organization, commitment to follow through, enthusiasm and motivation, to effectively manage relationships with external sales field, and internal Clif Bar departments.
• Possess the ability to identify and critically analyze opportunities, develop sales strategies and tactics, manage the sales and trade budgets, create and participate in key customer presentations, drive the communication process to ensure execution, and scorecard results within the category.
• Exemplify strong verbal/written communication, work planning and organization skills.
• Proven analytical and creative problem solving skills are a must.
Leadership Skills Required
• Take ownership and responsibility for actions, behaviors and contributions.
• Strong ability to inspire and motivate self and others.
• Innate leadership, influence management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to gain cooperation and collaborate within teams.
Technical Expertise Required
• Strong technical proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
• Nielsen and planogram software ability a plus.
• BA/BS with an emphasis in Marketing or Sales, or other job-related field or equivalent business experience is required.
• 5+ years brand and/or sales experience in the consumer packaged goods industry with exposure to selling and promotional concepts.
• Previous experience in key account management, development and management of annual business plans, operating budgets, and analysis is required.
• 20% travel for customer/market visits, trade shows and sales meetings.
Take yourself lightly and your work seriously. And…bring your best self to work each day!
Clif Bar & Company - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Clif Bar found a toehold in a niche market and has climbed steadily up ever since. The company is a leading maker of natural energy,...