Position Title |
Customer Quality Center Representative
Business Unit Description
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled service make us the partner of choice for many of the world’s most admired brands in the healthcare, beauty and personal care, food, beverage, home and garden, and tobacco industries. Our end-market expertise is also the foundation for success in our other businesses – Specialty Chemicals and the Community Development and Land Management Group. We touch people’s lives every day, everywhere. We help people keep track of their medications ( Dosepak ®, and Shellpak ® packaging), take care of their homes and gardens ( Mixor ® Trigger Sprayers) and their communities ( Evotherm ® asphalt). We develop products and solutions that not only grow our customers’ brands, but also improve our – and their – customers’ quality of life.
With about 15,000 employees worldwide, MWV operates in 30 countries and serves customers in more than 100 nations. But no matter where we’re doing business, we do things the right way – with a focus on integrity, sustainability, and positively contributing to the communities in which our employees live and work.
MWV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
As a member of MWV’s Customer Quality Center Group (CQC), you will act as a dedicated inside service representative at our mill site, focusing on processing complaints and providing technical support. CQC serves as the clearinghouse for all complaints in order to provide timely resolution and consistency across mill locations. CQC is part of MWV's Technical Sales Service group. As our primary point of contact when a customer experiences a problem, your job is to get the information, investigate the complaint, and work toward problem resolution so that MWV customers' needs are met and exceeded. As a CQC Representative you'll have a number of customer accounts to juggle. Within each account, you'll be responsible for assessing the severity and financial risks of each complaint, working with the customer to obtain evidence regarding the complaint, researching cause of problems and working toward resolution.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- First point of contact for complaints – both internal and external customer and vendor
- Assess severity and financial risk of complaint, and alert others when appropriate
- Work with customers and vendors to obtain details and evidence regarding complaints
- Evaluate complaint to determine validity, cause, and responsible department
- Determine if credit is due. If so, determine the correct amount and type and issue credit
- Determine if board is to be returned. If so, determine the return location, amount and board disposition and authorize return
- Determine if transit or vendor loss should be recoverable. If so, process complaint and forward information to recovery group
- Respond to customer as required with credit confirmation, cause and corrective action
- Evaluate complaint activity and trends
- Monitor workflow of complaint and activity to ensure timely completion and follow-up
- Strong customer focus and service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including professional telephone manner
- Organizational skills and detail orientation a must
- Excellent computer skills, with SAP experience a plus
- Motivated self started with ability to work independently but cooperatively within a cross functional environment
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to master the technical understanding of board physical tests and converting performance
- Paperboard, printing, converting, quality or customer service experience preferred
- Bachelor degree in engineering or business curriculum preferred
- Flexibility for occasional travel
United States of America
MeadWestvaco - 22 months ago
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...