The Customer Relations Specialist (CRS) provides a vital link between GHI customers, the external GHI sales force and the internal commercial operations group. The CRS will often be the first point of contact for all external parties who communicate with GHI directly via the phone, email, regular mail or other means. There is likely to be a wide variety of questions and comments that come to the Company through these channels from a diverse group that may include health care professionals, cancer patients and their family members, media representatives, insurance company claims managers and many others. The impressions we create when we interact with those people who seek us out will play a significant role in establishing favorable perceptions of the Company.
It is imperative that the CRS possess exemplary Customer Service Skills, have a demonstrated ability to work independently, and also function effectively as a member of the GHI team. The CRS will need to understand not only the technical aspects of the services that GHI offers, but must also possess the ability to communicate professionally and effectively with all individuals, including external customers and other internal GHI personnel.
· Answer in-coming calls from the customer service 800 hotline during business hours, and reply to phone messages left overnight when the phones are not staffed. Document all calls accordingly into CRM and SARP according to Customer Service Policy and Procedures
· Appropriately triage and direct callers to Medical Affairs, Patient Advocacy, Regulatory, Public Relations as needed.
- Provide assistance and information on all aspects of product knowledge, sample accessioning processes and clinical information within their scope of expertise in accordance with official Standard Operating Procedures for Customer Service. Requests that can be addressed by scripted responses anticipated in the Knowledge Base should be handled in the manner prescribed. Other questions should be handled with sensitivity, common sense and referrals to others in the Company as circumstances require.
· Some calls that come in will be GHI-specific, but not addressed by the Knowledge Base. In these cases it will often be appropriate for the calls to be forwarded to designated personnel at GHI with responsibility for official communication with external parties. CRSs will need to log these calls into the system, set realistic expectations with callers regarding the timing of an official reply, and ensure the calls are received by the right person in a timely manner. · Appropriately field calls for reimbursement and billing and direct them to the our Billing Vendor, Quadax for follow up and resolution..
- Respond to inquiries posted through our company website and document each inquiry appropriately in CRM.
· Maintain a productive operational relationship with the Information Technology department for the operation of CRM system for CRS activities.
- Provide inside sales support to the field sales staff: Regional Oncogenomic Liaisons (ROLs) Genomic National Account Reps (GNAMs), RMs and Director of Sales Ops when needed. It is essential that the Customer Service team provide the outside field staff with timely communication on their accounts, practices and orders.
- Provide new physician outreach calls to all new accounts and ordering physicians regarding Oncotype Dx and our product
· CRSs are required to support the Sample Accessioning staff with sample intake and accessioning in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures
- Communicate initial and ongoing CRS needs to the IT group for modification of the CRM system on behalf of the CRS team.
· Participate in sales administration/operations activities as necessary. These activities may include shipment of promotional materials and other items to sales representatives; managing materials inventories; developing and producing sales reports; development of items for inclusion in the sales force reference guide, etc. · Assist in building on existing customer base by providing the highest level of customer service and support.
- CSRs are responsible to performing daily Quality Control checks on all sample accessioning requisitions prior to report generation and work closely with the Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CLS) to ensure the highest level of quality is achieved in the handling or patient samples and requisitions
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrated ability to handle technically complex material and articulate technical concepts
- Maturity and good judgment to understand when to exercise initiative and handle queries directly, and when to escalate queries to higher authority.
- An excellent team player – highly effective in working with others but also capable of working independently as necessary
- Ability to multi-task and an attention to detail
- Highly effective at overcoming obstacles – tenacious and resilient
- Highly effective at assimilation of large body of complex scientific material.
- Basic scientific aptitude that will allow rapid learning of new technologies and clinical data associated with GHI services.
- A deep understanding of drivers of customer satisfaction and an overt willingness to be an internal champion at GHI for both the field sales team and health care providers.
- Flexibility to cross-train in other areas of the lab where qualifications and procedures allow
- Willingness to adhere to strict procedures for database management and approved responses to selected queries
- Minimum of 3-5 years customer service experience in health care/lab or pharmaceutical, industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation and willingness to prioritize needs of those seeking information from the Company
- Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills. Excellent listening, oral and written communication skills.
- Professional telephone manner
- Experience following and/or developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Comfortable in working in a laboratory environment and able to handle specimens
- Ease of working with internal and external groups in reinforcing policy as well as accepting of suggestions for improvement.
- Superb follow-through skills and relationship management required
- Flexibility with respect to working hours as some shifts will require early morning arrivals to handle calls from East Coast
- Significant PC knowledge & Windows OS experience
- No disqualifications for employment in the US lab industry as determined by the Federal Government
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- Travel Requirements:
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world's leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address both the overtreatment...