Love to ski? Love to be on the water? Vermont Teddy Bear Company is perfectly positioned on the shores of Lake Champlain and close to some of the best Ski Resorts New England has to offer! Located in Shelburne, Vermont, just outside of Burlington, The Vermont Teddy Bear Company is a growing organization consisting of multiple brands and channels.
The Bear Crew is in search of a Customer Relations Team Leader. The qualified candidate will coach Gift Counselors to provide world class service to our Vermont Teddy Bear, Pajama-Gram and Calyx Flowers customers. The ideal person will also ensure that the contact center is operating in an organized and efficient manner while managing and motivating staff through consistent open communication, constructive feedback and coaching.
This position has a seasonal fluctuation of supervisory requirements for between 20 and 400+ Customer Relations agents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Ensure that company policies and procedures are being followed through call observations, silent observations and by being present with the employee base. The goal throughout is to develop and maintain the highest quality sales and customer service representatives possible.
• Provide consistent feedback to agents.
Core agents should receive one recorded observation per month
Core agents should meet with their Team Leader in a one on one environment once a month
Core agents should know what is expected of them and how their performance relates to these expectations.
• Review weekly KPI and recognize staff, with positive feedback or recognition that meet their daily goals, have exceptional average orders, conversion rates and/or provide an excellent experience for our customers.
• Be actively available to answer questions and support Customer Relations staff. Communicate any issues to Customer Relations Manager.
• Manage daily staffing of CR representatives by monitoring daily staffing levels versus phone volume, retail needs and customer service processing tasks. Monitor the flow of breaks and lunches to ensure proper phone coverage.
• Monitor phone queue and work to minimize hold time and abandon rate. Efficiently balance an employee's incoming calls with other Customer Relations related duties.
• Monitor representative’s daily login percentage to assure that it is within an acceptable level and in-line with departmental expectations
• Utilize timekeeping and scheduling software to create and maintain staff’s schedules and payroll. Review, edit and approve timecards weekly. Manage changes to current schedules as needed based on business needs or employee requests. Add holiday, personal or vacation time as requested or needed.
• Ensure that all pertinent information reaches all CR representatives even those without a permanent station. Utilize all tools available including, but not limited to e-mail, Message board, Instant Service alerts, marker boards and/or bulletin boards and word of mouth.
• Work with Trainers to develop and implement training plan and follow-up assessment for seasonal agents, ensuring minimal competencies to provide above average customer service to our customers.
• Oversee the processing of Direct mail, e-mail and Internet to ensure it is completed in an accurate and timely fashion.
• Develop equitable incentive programs in conjunction with management and fellow coaches to promote departmental and company goals. Generate and maintain excitement and interest through out incentive duration.
• Assign job responsibilities, appraise job performance, prepare annual performance evaluations for each representative, make recommendations for salary increases and other personnel changes with Contact Center management.
• Inform and address performance-related concerns in conjunction with Contact Center Manager.
• Oversee the resolution of escalated CS issues.
• Help facilitate/foster relationships with other departments. Act as a liaison between representatives and other departments.
• Understand and assist (as necessary) with order entry, customer service, edit cards, process Internet orders, process IP orders, take escalated customer issue calls, assist in Retail and any other immediate needs as necessary.
• Process HR paperwork for all supervised employees as needed.
• Work in a liaison capacity with IT to solve systems issues as they arise, using the proper channels (i.e. Sysaid)
• Work with the Seasonal Recruiting before, during and after peaks to hire and maintain staff and determine who should be eligible for rehire at subsequent peaks.
Qualifications / Education / Experience
Individual should possess a four-year college degree or two to four years related sales, customer service, call center environment and supervisory experience. Should have considerable experience with word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), order entry software and basic phone and computer operations troubleshooting. Should have knowledge of Company-wide system flow from Marketing to Fulfillment to Shipping.
The Vermont Teddy Bear Company - 14 months ago