Customer Sales & Service Representative
Please attach your resume and cover letter, which should include your salary expectations,
to the email that you will receive when you click the "Apply Now" button below.
Department: Customer Service
Division: Specialty Division
Location: Pewaukee, WI
Markel American Insurance has an immediate opening for a full-time Customer Sales & Service Representative!!
Markel American Insurance Company is a division of Markel Corporation focused on personal lines insurance. We specialize in motorcycle, watercraft, property, event, cyclist and other unique insurance products. We pride ourselves in our business philosophy of Common Sense or “No Nonsense”. We do not believe in gimmicks, jargon or jingles, but instead focus on providing smart and practical products. We provide exceptional customer service through our easy processes, honest communications and employee expertise.
As a CSR, you will join our dynamic sales team and will be responsible for providing exceptional services to our current and prospective customers as well as assess customer needs to bring in new sales!
Desired candidates must:
- Performing a wide range of sales and service activities from quoting to binding insurance
- Cross selling of insurance products
- Discussion of insurance coverage options
- Policy issuance
- Taking payments
- Retention and welcome calls
- Handling insurance claim first loss notices
- Providing proof of insurance
Flexibility in scheduling is required, with rotational weekend and evening hours (M-F 7am-8pm, Saturday 9am-5pm). This position requires the attainment of a Wisconsin Property & Casualty License within 90 days of hire.
- Be customer-focused
- Have a strong sales drive
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate strong computer knowledge
- Be able to multi-task
- Be accustomed to a fast pace work environment
- Have 1-3 years of previous customer service experience
- ***2 year college degree, experience in insurance and a valid Property and Casualty License are a plus***
Markel offers associates exceptional benefits including immediate health and dental benefits, paid vacation and holidays, a 401k match, profit sharing, onsite fitness center and the ability to earn a potential bonus!
If you believe in our “Common Sense” philosophy and would like to work on a dynamic team to provide exceptional customer service, Markel American Insurance Company is the place for you!
Markel Corporation - 23 months ago
Have you ever thought about who insures the manicurist or an antique motorcycle? Specialty insurer Markel Corporation takes on the risks...