This position is responsible for overall management of customer service for the Aftermarket Supply Chain and devising Business Unit inventory strategies which allow TESCO to greatly exceed customer expectations.
Working closely with the Customer Service (CSR) Supervisor, this position will focus on execution of Business Unit orders, timely fulfillment, proactive communication and detailed reporting. From a strategic standpoint, this position will work closely with the Aftermarket Director and Business Units to set inventory strategies based on trends seen in the CSR data which align better align TESCO with their customers and ever changing needs.
The AMSS Customer Service & Inventory Strategy Manager will be responsible for spotting and indemnifying trends in business and leading Business Units to align their business with these trends through the use of TESCOs Business Development justification process.
Reports directly to: Global Aftermarket Materials Manager
Reports indirectly to: Director, Aftermarket Sales & Services
Internal: Business Unit Supply Chain Managers; Business Line Managers; AMSS Director; VP Supply Chain; Director Logistics; Director Compliance; Director Strategic Sourcing, Purchasing Manager and purchasers, Warehouse, Logistics, Packaging, TMF
External: All external vendors and logistics providers included in the value chain
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management or related discipline
- Extensive knowledge of MRP and ERP systems.
- Extensive knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems and best practices including managing third party providers
- Knowledge of air, ocean, and land logistics, and Trade Compliance
- APICS certification
- 5+ years of customer service and sales coordination experience in supply chain environment
- 5+ years of experience in the area of Supply Chain Management or distribution, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Inventory Management and Supply Chain strategy or value stream creation
- Customer oriented attitude to meet or exceed expectations
- Previous experience managing major accounts and customer complaints
· Align CSR group to collect and maintain data used in day to day execution of Business Unit orders for the purpose of tracking and trending changes in customer demand and purchasing habits
· Lead Business Units in analysis ever changing customer demand and realign local inventory strategies to meet such demand and continue to differentiate TESCO in the oil and gas services sector
· Work closely with strategic sourcing, purchasing and inventory managers to ensure their alignment with current strategies for seamless execution
· Ensure alignment with Global Part Sales Manager on pricing strategies based on current inventory strategies
· Align inventory strategies with regards to clearance sales and inventory reduction strategies with customer geographic demand
· Work closely with CSR Supervisor in leading CSR group in tactical execution of Business Unit orders and order fulfillment, remaining engaged throughout the entire value chain to ensure desirable outcomes
· Work closely with CSR Supervisor in managing and reporting SNI (shipped, not invoiced) accounts
· Work closely with CSR Supervisor in managing and reporting consolidated open order reports and leading CSR group to manage open order reports for their respective Business Units
· Ensure adherence to all TESCO policies, procedures and QHSE standards
· Ensure strategies and CSR group is in alignment with logistics department to ensure timely shipment of orders to the Business Units using the most cost effective and efficient routes
· Coordinate with Warehouse Manager to ensure proper and timely picking, packaging and auditing of shipments to achieve 100% order accuracy
· Work with Business Units and respective CSRs to ensure expectations and priorities are set and achieved
· Hold themselves and team to the highest customer service experience
· Responsible for daily, weekly, monthly and annual reporting for both Customer Service and Inventory strategies
· Present quarterly results to TESCOs Executive Management Team and provide business justification where required to gain approvals
· Ensures that all internal and external customer requirements are captured, recorded and appropriately transmitted to the extended supply chain.
· Ensure proper documentation of all orders and transactions is maintained and reported as necessary
· Maintain constant communication with Business Units and CSRs to ensure on time deliver and proactive updates are being provided as required
· Ensure CSRs have adequate understanding of business plans, processes and customer requirements to commit inventory, procurement, and production resources to fulfill sales orders in a way that achieves order fulfillment priorities and consolidates shipping and handling.
· Facilitates communication between manufacturing, procurement staff, warehouse, logistics, major vendors and the internal and external customers.
· Take proactive and independent action to avoid or promptly resolve issues.
· Provide policy and practice guidance and instruction to the CSR group
· Audit CSR paperwork, commercial invoices and other documents from time to time
- Assist accounting staff to insure prompt invoicing and receipt of payment.
Other competencies required for effective performance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
· High level of oral and written communications skills
· Excellent people skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Able to work flexible hours when required
If you would like to join a team of global
leaders in the design, manufacture and service of technology based
solutions for the upstream energy industry, submit your resume in
confidence using the online application form, before
We conduct post offer drug/alcohol testing and have a zero tolerance policy. All
applicants are thanked in advance, but only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Tesco is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. F/M/D/V
Tesco Corporation - 18 months ago
Tesco, the world's fourth-largest grocery retailer and the UK's biggest retailer, runs over 5,000 stores in the UK. Its operations are...