As the lead customer service and planning representative for the Gelatin and the Flavors & Ingredients businesses, the successful candidate must exhibit strong communication skills, have effective relationships with other functions, including hourly operators, creatively solve problems, have patience and understanding of others, be a forward thinker and have passion for delivering strong service to our customers.
- Manage all customer service activities: intake of orders; assurance of compliance to production schedules for customer requirements; coordination of shipment activities.
- Forecast demand planning activities by working with customers, business planners and schedulers.
- Facilitate hold & release activities with Quality organization for timely release of product to customers.
- Work closely with transportation for accurate and timely delivery of product to customers.
- Coordinate credit & collection and new account set up activities with off-site group.
- Be the day-to-day expert for your customer.
- Develop thorough understanding of the industry and trends within the industry, customer and market.
- Schedule and execute weekly meetings with key customers to review status of orders, service and quality issues and forward demand outlook.
- Develop strong relations with customers – learn their business, the products they buy, their special needs and requirements, for excellent customer service.
- Work with FDA and USDA to acquire health certificates for international shipments. Ensure completeness of documentation for timely shipments.
- Execute assignments by utilizing SAP.
- Manage the full cycle By Products business - sales, bid processes and shipments.
- Review monthly broker commissions.
- Ship sample requests.
- Process price changes.
- Manage customer analysis letter program.
- Strong organizational and communication skills – writing and speaking
- Previous team environment experience – ability to influence.
- Proven negotiations and conflict management experience.
- 4 – 7 years customer service experience with planning and/or logistics activities.
- Minimum intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- SAP experience preferred.
- 3 years manufacturing experience preferred.
- 4 year degree required in Business Administration, Marketing, Operations or Logistics.
Kraft - 10 months ago