Develops and maintains effective relationships with key customers and internal contacts to include planning and scheduling, logistics, sales and marketing, and finance. Handles issues and tasks related to customer inquiries and orders. Anticipates future customer needs based on interaction and experience with customer base.
• Responds to customer inquiries concerning order status and product availability and offers appropriate alternatives to customer request when initial request cannot be met;
• Processes orders accurately and tracks orders through order fulfillment process;
• Reviews basic pricing contracts with detail to order pricing accuracy;
• Handles customer complaints and settles customer disputes;
• Manages multiple daily customer service notification reports;
• Communicates collaboratively with planning and scheduling, logistics, sales and marketing, and finance concerning order fulfillment process;
• Maintains effective, strong customer relationships with sales, customers, and order management personnel;
• Retrieves data from various sources for customer, sales, and management use;
• Performs other account and project management tasks as necessary;
• Solicits sales to established accounts through outbound calls to existing customers;
• Assumes coverage for other account representatives in their absence.
• Associate Degree or equivalent preferred with 1-2 years of in-depth customer service experience;
• Strong communication/interpersonal skills including well developed telephone skills/etiquette;
• Reliability and punctuality a must;
• Strong computer skills required ; MicroSoft Office proficiency; SAP knowledge, a plus;
• Ability to embrace and be receptive to change;
• Must be able to work in a fast paced team environment;
• Continuous multi-tasking and prioritization required in this position;
• Understanding of financial role in order to cash process;
• Must have a demonstrated track record of “going the extra mile” for customers;
• Office hours = 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. – Must be able to work flexible hours within customer service staffing rotations.
Glatfelter - 6 months ago
P. H. Glatfelter Company (Glatfelter) is a manufacturer of specialty papers and fiber-based engineered products. It manufactures a range of...