The primary function of this position is to provide customer service to customers and/or clients nationwide responding to their inquiries and providing information regarding all aspects of their association with ASH.
· Receives and responds to incoming telephone calls.
· Answer incoming calls on the ASH telephone system in a professional, accurate, timely and courteous manner.
· Ascertain the nature of the call and record information in the Communication Log.
· Look up member information using information in CHIP, MICROCHIP and/or SQL and provide information to caller.
· Forward logs regarding questionable member eligibility to Research Unit for verification of coverage/benefits.
· Transfer callers to the practitioner queue if question is of a more complex issue (claims, authorizations, etc).
· Transfer callers to the member queue if caller has detailed questions or wishes to file a complaint.
· Look up member eligibility and benefit information on CHIP.
· Utilize appropriate resources, including those online; to provide timely responses.
· Manage time to ensure calls are answered within required timeframes and appropriate follow up is done in a timely manner.
· Meet or exceed minimum performance standards established for Customer Service Agent 1.
· Document all calls appropriately
· Attends weekly staff and other meetings to discuss issues and foster teamwork among department personnel.
· Responds to requests for internal and external customers and/or clients, as required.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· High school Diploma or equivalent
· One-year experience performing customer service duties; inbound call center experience preferred.
· Basic computer skills.
· Strong oral communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Mobility : Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Environmental Conditions: Usual office setting.