Customer Service Associates provide service and support to our client's customers in areas such as billing inquiries, payments, credits, fraud alerts, product sales and servicing. Customer Service Associates are problem solvers with good negotiation skills who are self-driven and motivated to meet individual service and quality goals. Customer Service Associates use their excellent communication and interpersonal skills with every contact to provide world-class customer service.
Nature and Scope
Position reports to the Supervisor, Operations. Associates have routine contact with other Associates, Operations Managers, Directors, and client representatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies, researches, and resolves customer issues; Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance in all situations.
- Maintains confidentiality; Listen to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds quickly and effectively to customer questions.
- Writes notes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Documentation to follow clients guideline; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality. Meets clients’ specific quality standards.
- Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Is consistently at work and on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Education: High School diploma or GED.
Experience: Minimum one year of customer service or sales experience, preferably in a call center environment.
- A passion for customer service with sincere desire to resolve customer questions and concerns.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment. Able to resolve problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Self motivated with the ability to drive personal performance and achieve goals
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task, use multiple sources of information, and prioritize
- Ability to work flexible hours
- 15 WPM typing ability with at least 85% accuracy
- Ability to read, write, speak, comprehend and effectively communicate in English
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Successfully pass criminal background check
Technical Skills: Proven experience working with computers in a Windows operating system. Understanding and experience using the internet.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: None required.
Supervisory Responsibilities : This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competency : To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills – maintains confidentiality; able to interact with a wide range of users having different levels of computer expertise; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Verbal Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar. Documentation to follow clients’ guideline; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Problem Solving – Ability to design workable solutions to problems in a timely manner and within an ambiguous environment.
- Reasoning Ability - A pply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interest; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Quality – Completes work in timely manner; Work quickly and efficiently.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Notifies supervisor when tardy or absent in accordance with Company policy
Physical Demands : While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Advanced Call Center Technologies, LLC - 2 years ago