Provide oversight of a team of customer service agents to ensure sales initiative and customer service standards are achieved in line with agency goals and expectations.
Under the general supervision of the Manager, Customer Service Agent; Supervisor, Customer Service Agent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Resolve customer inquiries and resolve issues related to policy and coverage.
Prepare, process, review and monitor various documents such as premiums, coverage of risk, policies, renewals, claims, applications, changes, endorsements, binders, contracts, etc.
Prepares and calculates premiums, invoicing, commissions and other accounting related functions.
Develop and present proposals, quotes and recommend coverage based on customer needs .
Assist customer and arrange payment terms in accordance with established guidelines.
Collect delinquent house accounts.
Assist produces with the review of large commercial accounts at renewal time and make recommendations and changes in coverage to accounts as necessary.
Solicit coverage or expiration dates for insurance not carried by the agency.
Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
Remain informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
Maintain current knowledge of E & O recommendations and adhere to standards.
Stay current on continuing education credits as required for license renewal/s.
Work toward approved industry certifications, e.g. CIC, CISR, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
In addition to the list below, it is understood that all positions within the Corporation require individuals who possess a pleasant and friendly personality, project sensitivity towards customers and fellow employees, and maintain a neat and clean professional appearance . Further, all employees will have access to confidential, sensitive and/or non-public customer information and it is expected that each employee will have the ability to ensure their work locations and activities comply with the Information Security Policy.
- Has the knowledge and skills to perform position essential functions successfully
- Can gather and use resources (people, funding, support) to get things done
- Can multi-task to accomplish goals
- Keeps information and files arranged to accomplish work
Relationship with Direct Reports
- Is seen as a cooperative team player
- Easily gains trust and support of peers
- Can be candid with peers when issues arise
- Encourages others to collaborate and helps the team to find solutions
( Caring About Direct Reports, Fairness to Direct Reports)
- Knows about direct reports concerns, questions, plans, problems and desires
- Treats direct reports equitably and acts fairly
- Has candid discussions with direct reports
- Monitors workloads and expresses appreciation for extra effort
( Compassion, Managerial Courage, Peer Relationships)
- Genuinely cares about people; available and ready to help
- Concerned about other’s work and non-work problems
- Lets people know where they stand by providing current, direct, and actionable positive and developmental feedback
- Faces up to people problems (not including direct reports) and situations quickly and directly
- Seen as a team player; collaborates and is cooperative
- Easily gains trust and support of peers by providing candid feedback and finds common ground with others
Education - High school diploma or equivalent GED.
Experience - Over three (3) through five (5) years in a customer service or sales related environment.
Other - Property and Casualty insurance licenses
Life, Health, Accident Insurance Licenses
First Merchants Bank - 20 months ago