The Customer Service Analyst I provides front-line customer service and support to select manufacturing and fluid milk customers within the Mideast Area. The primary focus of the position is to maintain and increase customer satisfaction by ensuring that incoming raw milk quality, butterfat/milk weight variance, and delivery performance consistently meets or exceeds customer expectations. Works to ensure that all customer issues at the assigned plants are communicated to appropriate individuals, receive a prompt response and are successfully resolved. Assists the Lead Director of Fluid Marketing with negotiation preparations, pricing, presentations and all special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Function as the key support role to the Lead Director of Fluid Marketing with select customer interaction. Stand-in for the Lead Director of Fluid Marketing for short periods of time in his/her absence.
- Function as a key staff member to provide information and make sales/marketing presentations to the Mideast Area Council and management team
- Work collaboratively with the Lead Director of Fluid Marketing and peers in developing customer contract proposals
- Function as the key communications liaison between assigned customers and the Mideast Area management team, dispatch, hauling, field service, and accounting functions ensuring that critical information flows to/from all and that customer service issues receive prompt attention and response
- Continuously monitor raw milk quality and delivery performance at all assigned plants to help ensure that milk deliveries conform to the customer's receiving standards.
- Provide support to the region managers and procurement team at local producer meetings or team meetings
- Research, and respond to all routine inquiries, requests, and concerns received from plant personnel and others
- Analyze DFA's cost to service all assigned plants
- Assist the Mideast Area Directors of Customer Relations with marketing strategy development, contract negotiation, and pricing/invoicing of raw milk sales to all assigned customers
- Research emerging trends/regulations/issues that may impact DFA's ability to serve the assigned customers
- Participate in management meetings and special project assignments as defined
Education and Experience
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in agribusiness, agricultural economics, business, marketing or a closely related discipline. Masters preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a customer relations, sales, or marketing role in a business environment. Prior management experience preferred.
Licensing and Certification
- Strong, positive, work ethic
- Excellent inter-personal skills (listening, questioning, conflict resolution)
- Solid planning, organizational, analytic and decision-making skills
- Ability to solve complex problems and think strategically
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to speak/present in front of groups
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to interact with all levels of individuals from the plant receiver to the corporate executives
- General knowledge of the Federal Milk Marketing Order system
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, diverse environment
- Team player
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Valid driver's license with no significant restrictions or violations
- Most work performed in a business office environment
- Visits to customers' dairy processing facilities include some exposure to heat, cold, noise, cleaning/sanitizing chemicals, and processing machinery
Dairy Farmers of America
- 2 years ago - save job