Plum Creek is one of the largest landowners in the United States, with 6.8 million acres and over 40 offices in 20 states. We are a publicly traded company (NYSE: PCL), listed on the S&P 500 and headquartered in Seattle, Washington. We currently have an excellent opportunity for a Customer Service Assistant with our Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) sales team located in Columbia Falls, Montana. Our MDF plant produces high-quality fiberboard which is sold to manufacturers of furniture, cabinets and other wood-based products throughout North America.
The Customer Service Assistants at MDF are primarily responsible for assisting our sales representatives with order processing and managing warehouse inventories, as well as providing world-class support to Plum Creek customers.
In this highly visible role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Assist the MDF team with insuring that orders are received, entered, shipped and invoiced in a timely and accurate manner.
- Address order status and product information inquiries from our customers via phone and email..
- Work with our customers by building rapport, anticipating future needs and being pro-active in problem solving.
- Assist with other related duties as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate's degree preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in office administration and/or customer support role required.
- Experience in a sales support and/or sales role preferred.
Compensation and Benefits
- Computer proficiency including Office, Excel, Word, and Web-based programs required; Proficiency with AS400 preferred, but not required.
- Strong organizational skills with the flexibility to promptly respond to customers' needs as they arise..
- Effective communication, interpersonal, telephone and time management skills.
- Willingness to cross-train in other positions.
- Ability to process information with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
- Ability to work independently and to be self-motivated.
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- Targeted starting base salary: $32,700 to $45,000
- Targeted annual bonus: 5%
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, which includes healthcare coverage, health and dependent daycare funds, life and disability protection, paid vacation time, as well as both a 401k (with up to 6% match) and a company Pension Plan.
Plum Creek is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status and/or protected veteran status.
*For more information about Plum Creek and to apply, please visit our Career Center at www.plumcreek.com/careers . If you have questions about this opportunity or need technical assistance in the application process, please contact our recruiting team at email@example.com .
Plum Creek is one of the largest private landowners in the United States, with more than 6 million acres from coast-to-coast. We are...