Serve as a facilitator and point of reference for the administrative functions of the Customer Service Department so that maximum efficiency and optimum customer service is achieved. Ensure the accurate and timely fulfillment of the various administrative responsibilities of the division. Provide services for the lock box processing. Work with internal (GO) and external (QCBT) customers as needed to identify customer needs and cross sell products as appropriate.
Primary telephone and in person contact for resolving customers’ questions and problems regarding overdrafts and service charges, based on the requirement of providing the best and most timely customer service possible, recognizing Bank policies and procedures in these matters.
Process lockbox activities for QCBT key commercial relationships.
Understand overdraft decision making to determine which overdraft checks to pay and which to return according to Bank guidelines and through consultation with various bank officers.
Contact bank customers by telephone as necessary to resolve overdrafts
Maintain a detailed knowledge of all deposit systems (Tran, Time, CIF, etc)
Balance official items, Tran/Time and general ledgers for all banks.
- work with bank courier to schedule pickup of lock box deposits from post office.
- process envelope and payments – create bank deposit and return appropriate data to commercial customers in a timely manner.
- create and maintain the lockbox billing system for tracking monthly activity
- communicate deposit information to Deposit Specialist and Customer Service Manager
- document written policies and procedures for lock box department
- work closely with Internal Audit department to assure efficiency and accuracy
Examine and resolve differences of teller balancing for all banks in order to ensure that out of balance conditions are handled in a timely manner.
Assist officers and employees at all banks with any questions or research they may request to satisfy their customers’ needs.
- Identify and resolve differences between accounts and the general ledger by working with appropriate company staff.
Be available to QCBT front-line staff and customers to assure customer satisfaction and resolution of customers’ concerns.
- Research using microfilm, fiche, optical, OnBase and Image Centre.
- Refund NSF Fees, Stop Payment Fees and Service Charges as requested by staff.
Identify and cross sell bank products such as, eCash, Bill Pay, Christmas Clubs, Line of Credit, Certificate of Deposits and Investment Center to enhance customer relationships and experiences
Process Forgeries and Written Guarantee of Endorsement following all procedures for all banks.
- Balance customers’ statements
- Process telephone transfers
- Process stop payment requests
- Process Fed and NSF returns
- Mail all notices for Returns, NSF’s and Certificate of Deposit Renewals in a timely manner.
- Assist with balance inquiries
- Prepare management reports as requested.Assist with General Ledger and DDA month end recons for all banks.
- Assist with charge offs for QCBT, reporting customers to Chexsystems and Transworld.
Perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision, consistent with established procedures to maintain a favorable Bank image and customer satisfaction
Develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with Bank management in contributing to a productive, results-oriented climate.
Maintain awareness of policies, procedures, and regulations which impact the services being provided to customers by the Bank.
Tactfully communicate with customers regarding errors to maintain good customer relations.
Actively participate in various professional, civic and charitable organizations to develop potential client contacts and to present a favorable image of the Bank in the community.
Ensure the confidentiality of all information handled in the position.
Perform other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Two years of banking experience in Operations or related area
Knowledge of balancing procedures
Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to communicate both written and orally is required
Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel and Word experience
Attention to detail essential
QCR Holdings, Inc. - 8 months ago