Summary : Refers products and services, receives and pays out money, and maintains records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Associates degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school; or a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one year of bank teller experience required.
- Acts as a lead person in the CSA staff working directly with CSM to assist in scheduling, overrides, may act as on site supervisor if CSM is out of the office.
- Represents the Bank in a courteous and professional manner, by greeting and addressing the customer by name, while providing prompt, efficient, and accurate service when processing customer transactions.
- Complete knowledge of the duties and responsibilities of a Customer Service Associate (CSA) I and II, and basic knowledge of the duties of other areas of the Retail office such as information desk, safe deposit area, vault, etc.
- Understand how and where to properly direct customer inquiries and complaints to preserve customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of Bank products and services and ability to refer products and services to the appropriate customer.
- Focus on individual and departmental goals for both sales and referrals to achieve monthly referral goals as established by the CSM.
- Meet personal goals and promote team goals set by Retail Management.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s computer system to enter and retrieve customer information to effectively service the customers.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, examines checks for endorsements, enters customers’ transactions into computer system and issues computer generated receipt according to Bank procedures.
- Cashes checks, redeems US Savings Bonds, processes cash advances, processes withdrawals, and pays out money after verification of IDs, signatures and customer balances, and enters customers’ transactions into computer system and issues computer generated receipt according to Bank procedures.
- Accepts checks and/or cash for loan payments, TT&L payments, official checks, travelers’ checks, and US Savings bonds, verifies cash, enters customers’ transactions into computer system and issues computer generated receipt according to Bank procedures.
- Knowledge of guidelines of when and how to complete Currency Transaction Reports (CTR), and responsible to request assistance and review prior completing.
- Comply with over-ride or review decisions for CSA I and II, and signing authority as established by the CSM and/or in accordance with Bank procedures.
- Responsible for duties assigned by CSM (i.e. reconciliation of travelers’ checks, cash advances, US Savings Bonds sold, etc.)
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds only when required as stated in Bank procedures.
- Responsible to order CSA’s own daily supply of cash, and verification of incoming cash.
- Maintain cash drawer limits according to Bank policy.
- Prepare system blotter to balance currency and coin in cash drawer at end of shift and compare with system totals.
- Manage CSA’s differences according to Bank policy.
- Assists CSM in removing, under dual control procedures, transactions from the cash vault, night depository and Automated Teller Machines (ATM), including verifying cash and totals.
- Assists CSM in performing monthly cash audits of CSAs and balancing of cash vault.
- Assists CSM in opening and closing schedules, reconciliations, enforcing procedures, and day-to-day operations of the teller line.
- Assists CSM with tracking, logging and follow-up on referrals.
- Comply with standards set to achieve high goals in the Customer Service Profile and Teller Management System Program, accomplishing quality, as well as cost-efficient, customer service.
- Comply with security procedures established to ensure safety for employees and customers, to safeguard cash supplies, to protect the privacy of customer account information, as well as, follow fraud prevention guidelines established to protect the Bank from unnecessary losses.
- Some branch travel required. Must be flexible to travel to other bank locations as needed.
- Comply with all Bank policies/procedures and all applicable federal and state laws and regulations.
- Encourage team environment.
- “LIVE” the Bank’s Mission Statement and “PRACTICE” the Bank’s Corporate Strategy.
- Other duties may be assigned.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. As a part of the MB Financial hiring process all applicants will be required to submit to, and pass, a pre-employment urine drug screening.
The "MB" in MB Financial doesn't stand for "Midsized Businesses," though that's its target market. The holding...