To you, the customer service representative / real estate administrative assistant, customer service is more than saying, "Have a nice day." It’s an opportunity to build a relationship, leaving each resident happier at the end of your interaction.
In this entry level customer service / administrative assistant role, you are more than a receptionist or clerical support - you are the face of Archstone to its many residents. You are an integral part of the success of the Archstone community. Whether it’s taking responsibility for quarterly social events, competitive market research or following up on noise complaints, your role as customer service associate shapes and defines a great experience for our residents and your fellow Archstone team members.
As a Customer Service Associate, you play a key role in the apartment community whether you are getting a package for a resident or dealing with a parking complaint. Your immediate interaction impacts resident satisfaction and lease renewals. More than an entry level clerical or administrative role, you regularly interact with the residents, the leasing agents, the service team and the community property managers. One moment you could be collecting a rent check and the next entering market information into the computer. At each turn, your commitment to five star world class customer service is evident – we call it "Commitment to Great." You know that delivering excellent customer service is the cornerstone of resident satisfaction and helps to increase renewals.
While outstanding customer service underlies our every interaction, as an Customer Service Associate, this role has its share of clerical administrative routine paperwork, system updates and data management. While you concentrate on resident interactions, as an administrative assistant, you will also be responsible for:
Unlike other property management, retail or real estate environments, Archstone gives you both the responsibility and the tools to achieve management success. Whether it’s the discretionary authority that you have to correct deficiencies or additional training in property management, systems and processes, you’ll have the tools and support to succeed, deliver world class customer service and grow your career.
- Customer service including greeting visitors and answering telephones
- Taking service requests and following up on the completion of service requests
- Answering questions regarding property, community and services
- Sorting and retrieving packages for residents – upon request
- Assisting residents with the move-in and move-out process, including walking in the apartment with them and addressing concerns
Whether your background is property management, airlines, hospitality, hotels, retail, clerical or entry level customer service, you appreciate that your positive attitude, service orientation and energy impacts each resident interaction. More than world class customer service, you take pride in taking ownership and responsibility, looking into and resolving issues. Working in properties with an average of approximately 300 units, you will bring:
- At least one year proven past experience helping customers
- College / post-secondary education preferred
- Excellent listening & communication skills, bilingual English/Spanish helpful in certain locations
- Social perceptiveness, being aware of others’ reactions and understanding their reactions
- Proven decision making skills to choose the most appropriate course of action
- Ability to integrate new information into problem solving
- Skilled at technology including Windows and CRM
- Willingness to regularly work weekends but no evenings past 7pm
At Archstone we recognize that exceptional people need exceptional rewards. Beyond our competitive total compensation packages, your schedule at Archstone will provide you with a quality of life that is difficult to achieve within retail, hospitality or hotel roles. Imagine a 40 hour week without late nights and usually two consecutive days off… even the occasional weekend. Additionally our benefits package reflects our respect for workplace contributions, professional goals and personal priorities. When you join Archstone, you will be eligible for:
To learn more about Archstone, visit our website at
- Choice of medical and dental plans, a 401(k) plan and other benefits including short and long-term disability insurance and life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Training and professional development courses and in-house training sessions
- Additional benefits including a variety of paid leaves, such as vacation and holidays
- Opportunity for significant discounts when you live in an Archstone property
Archstone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a condition of employment, a satisfactory hair follicle drug test and background check are required.
What we do
Archstone is a multi-billion dollar company that provides upscale apartment homes in some of the nation's most desirable...